Glastonbury! .

Harmonising fixes tuning problems John X

What tuning problems should these oh so wonderful bill topping superstars have. The Eagles, CSN, Four Seasons, Beach Boys, Karen Carpenter didn't suffer tuning problems. What you're really saying is what we experienced people already know which is, that, the manfactured stars of today can't hack it without help.

And you say live music is healthy, doesn't sound it.

So if your superstar is out of tune and the rest of the superstars ensemble harmonise with him/her

No.

If an individual is out of tune with the band/other singers, his or her vocal signal is passed through something like the Eventide H3000 harmoniser and is pitch shifted up or down by the relevant amount to correct it. This is then fed back into the mix and everyone is now in tune.

As the meerkats say, simples!

John X

No.

If an individual is out of tune with the band/other singers, his or her vocal signal is passed through something like the Eventide H3000 harmoniser and is pitch shifted up or down by the relevant amount to correct it. This is then fed back into the mix and everyone is now in tune.

As the meerkats say, simples!

John X

Now we're getting there, here we have a top of the bill performer who can't hold a note but is perfectly reliably out of tune throughout a performance as you claim, because you cannot retune by pitch shift on the fly as quick as you claim unless the performer is regularly out of tune.

And one day will maybe headline Glastonbury using pitch shift whilst karaokeing to studio tracks

Now we're getting there, here we have a top of the bill performer who can't hold a note but is perfectly reliably out of tune throughout a performance as you claim, because you cannot retune by pitch shift on the fly as quick as you claim unless the performer is regularly out of tune.

As I said before, this is only usually done towards the end of a show where an artist is starting to sing flat!

The Eagles, CSN, Four Seasons, Beach Boys, Karen Carpenter didn't suffer tuning problems.

One of the above acts certainly uses some 'help' with their live show! :D

John X

As I said before, this is only usually done towards the end of a show where an artist is starting to sing flat!John X

What a sad admission, todays superstars need assistence to perform. And at Galstonbury.

One of the above acts certainly uses some 'help' with their live show! :DJohn X

Really who?

You ought to come with me to the Matamp factory and meet owner Jeff Lewis, you'd get the chance to try some real hand built amps in the tradition of the late Mat Mathias originator of the Orange amplifiers.

Can you imagine having one of these quality amps on stage and just pretending to play.

Or another friend of mine who'd build you a perfect replica of the late 50s Fender Bassman amps that Buddy Holly and Eddie Chochrane used.

Keep Music Live, karaoke acts should be put down.

Cool! That would be ace bassman. I have a very old hand built amp, the first I played on with the aid of the worst fender strat copy in the world! Still sounds ace with my boss bog standard pedals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bassman62

And at Galstonbury.

Who said anything about Glastonbury?

John X

The title of the thread.

Originally Posted by Bassman62

Really who?

Can't say.

John X

"Can't say" at last we agree on something.

You can! I would say the beach boys, due to the old chap.
Brian Wilson brought an ensemble of top class singers and musicians to the Royal Festival Hall and performed the whole of the 'Pet Sounds' album live, the ravages of illness and time down the years have taken their toll on this genius but at least he did it when he was older than the young manufactured superstars of today who according to John X can't mange a full show without going out of tune.

Archived