Glastonbury! .

Hey! ... that's pretty impressive!

2 gigs a day in the summer season ... bearing in mind that Butlin's has the afternoon matinee slot too! :hihi:

Really cool. He even did Wath bottom club and gigged in Goldthorpe.

Read his posts. He's clearly part of a top end band. Clubs in Wath are very selective. Only the cheapest will do.

On topic.

Just been talking to a mate. Seems if you lecture there, you get free tickets.

That would be at Crazy Legs in April. I'm not sure what that's got to do with a thread about Glastonbury though. But as you seem to know everything there is to know about the Glastonbury Festival when was the last time you attended it?
I've never attended it and I certainly won't in future now it's gone downhill into being headlined by a manufactured karaoke act.

Maybe I will attend in future if they get decent live acts back headlining like Springsteen, CSN, Young & Nelson etc.

Read his posts. He's clearly part of a top end band. Clubs in Wath are very selective. Only the cheapest will do.

On topic.

Just been talking to a mate. Seems if you lecture there, you get free tickets.

And what would people be lecturing on in Wath or Goldthorpe. And free tickest to what.

Be interesting to know how many here have played in concert on The Royal Festival Hall London with demand for tickets 3 times over.

Regarding playing in Wath and Goldthorpe, we played there for the entertainment we got.

One night at Ings Lane Goldthorpe these 3 massive women were dancing (if that's what you call it) in front of the stage, they looked more like a fairground 'Hook A Duck' as the bobbed up and down.:hihi:

I've never attended it and I certainly won't in future now it's gone downhill into being headlined by a manufactured karaoke act.

Maybe I will attend in future if they get decent live acts back headlining like Springsteen, CSN, Young & Nelson etc.

So the bloke who's made most postings on this thread has never actually been to the place and yet thinks he can tell folk who were that they don't know about what they saw. People who go to Glastonbury and the other big camping festivals book their tickets a year in advance so they can go again the following year. In all the festivals I've ever attended I've never seen a musician miming to anything. You would know that if you were there, but of course you weren't.

Incidentally Springsteen played Glastonbury the year before last. You weren't there for that either. Have you ever thought about writing a restaurant guide for places you've never eaten at?

So the bloke who's made most postings on this thread has never actually been to the place and yet thinks he can tell folk who were that they don't know about what they saw. People who go to Glastonbury and the other big camping festivals book their tickets a year in advance so they can go again the following year. In all the festivals I've ever attended I've never seen a musician miming to anything. You would know that if you were there, but of course you weren't.

Incidentally Springsteen played Glastonbury the year before last. You weren't there for that either. Have you ever thought about writing a restaurant guide for places you've never eaten at?

The bloke who's made most postings knows when an act has so called backing musicians on stage who're pretending to play, it's actualy easier to pick up on this whilst watching close ups on TV, I know for a fact as someone who's studied in London on one of the instruments in particular that they weren't playing on the passages being shown in close up.

So are you saying that they had multiple brass and reed sections on stage at the same time with some only playing when the cameras weren't on them.

Were you as close as the TV cameras, no you weren't all you heard was F.O.H system from which you cannot differentiate who's playing what and when

The bloke who's made most postings knows when an act has so called backing musicians on stage who're pretending to play, it's actualy easier to pick up on this whilst watching close ups on TV, I know for a fact as someone who's studied in London on one of the instruments in particular that they weren't playing on the passages being shown in close up.

So are you saying that they had multiple brass and reed sections on stage at the same time with some only playing when the cameras weren't on them.

Were you as close as the TV cameras, no you weren't all you heard was F.O.H system from which you cannot differentiate who's playing what and when

Well quite clearly you don't have a clue. There were top side of a dozen musicians on stage with Beyonce, all playing live music. People who were there could see this. However if you watched the big screens you wouldn't notice them as the cameras were firmly focused on Beyonce's crutch most of the time. I assume what was on the big screens was edited and sent out so that armchair pundits such as yourself could speak with some authority about a festival they never went to. I have no doubt that you will also know more about the campsites, the toilets and the food than folks who actually went.

But it is good that you had a preconceived idea before the event took place and continued to spout the same drivel during and after the event. Tickets for the big festivals are hard enough to come by so it is great that self opinionate idiots like you can talk themselves out of attending. Long may it continue.

Archived