Glastonbury! .

No we didn't.

Correct. What the people in the crowd heard was sound from dozens of individual microphones and pickups broadcast through hundreds of individual amplifiers and speakers. All the folk watching the telly heard was a single digital signal pumped out through a couple of TV speakers. That's why people go to concerts and festivals, because you hear the bands not just a stereo soundtrack.

Correct. What the people in the crowd heard was sound from dozens of individual microphones and pickups broadcast through hundreds of individual amplifiers and speakers. All the folk watching the telly heard was a single digital signal pumped out through a couple of TV speakers.

Well surely that depends on what you listen to the broadcast on. I've listened to Glasto on a 20kW PA while doing stuff at work as background music several times.

Interested in why you brought up digital though, especially as the sound at virtually every single stage (all but the absolute very smallest) at Glasto this year will have been digital at one point or another. The main stages will have been digital from where the microphones plug in on stage until the amplifiers on the PA for the majority of bands this year.

That's why people go to concerts and festivals, because you hear the bands not just a stereo soundtrack.

Well, at a concert, out front you listen to a stereo or three way (LCR) mix. On the TV you get a 5.1 mix if watching in HD.

Well quite clearly you don't have a clue. There were top side of a dozen musicians on stage with Beyonce, all playing live music. People who were there could see this. However if you watched the big screens you wouldn't notice them as the cameras were firmly focused on Beyonce's crutch most of the time. I assume what was on the big screens was edited and sent out so that armchair pundits such as yourself could speak with some authority about a festival they never went to. I have no doubt that you will also know more about the campsites, the toilets and the food than folks who actually went.

But it is good that you had a preconceived idea before the event took place and continued to spout the same drivel during and after the event. Tickets for the big festivals are hard enough to come by so it is great that self opinionate idiots like you can talk themselves out of attending. Long may it continue.

Must embarass you to find out you've been conned especialy after spending all that money.

They bank on plonkers like you to get sucked in and you lot were.:roll:

I suggest you accept the truth and swallow it with good grace as someone else pointed out earlier it is the norm in todays climate to do it the way I saw.

No we didn't.
On concerts these days you don't hear the backline, everything is miced up or DId into the desk and fed back to the Main PA (FOH) which is what the audience hear. so when you thinks its live this isn't always the case only on things like Blues festivals that I play on, pop festivals the like that you go to anything goes to sell a show.

The headliners at Glastobury this year were scraping the bucket if Beyonce and her mime artists was the best they could come up with.

Just had a great day in the studio recording a demo CD just as we play it Live.

On concerts these days you don't hear the backline, everything is miced up or DId into the desk and fed back to the Main PA (FOH) which is what the audience hear. so when you thinks its live this isn't always the case only on things like Blues festivals that I play on, pop festivals the like that you go to anything goes to sell a show.

The headliners at Glastobury this year were scraping the bucket if Beyonce and her mime artists was the best they could come up with.

Just had a great day in the studio recording a demo CD just as we play it Live.

as i said earlier, which seems to be forgotten, thats ONE artist, what about the other 1999? ish

On concerts these days you don't hear the backline, everything is miced up or DId into the desk and fed back to the Main PA (FOH) which is what the audience hear.

I'm well aware of how bands are set up, I do it every week.

You also don't hear the FOH mix when watching on TV. All the feeds from stage are mixed by a seperate team for the broadcast feed, sometimes adding additional mics to what is used by the bands foh engineer.

Still waiting on that evidence that they were all miming and that Beyonce was just doing kareoke... Or, for that matter, if you're saying they "were scraping the barrel", of evidence that the 100,000+ people who watched her were annoyed by the selection.

Must embarass you to find out you've been conned especialy after spending all that money.

I suggest you accept the truth and swallow it with good grace as someone else pointed out earlier it is the norm in todays climate to do it the way I saw.

No one was conned. It is just that you are a moron. No one else seems to have suggested anyone at all was miming. You obviously spent too long standing too near the speakers.

We are still all waiting for you to back up you drivel.

Whilst I don't want to upset you, particularly if you are on medication, but throughout this thread you have used words like conned, karaoke, fake, plastic and mime to describe Beyonce, her backing band and Glastonbury.

Now I probably don't need to remind you about the defamation laws in this country and the USA. Suffice it to say that you have repeatedly told lie after lie about some of the major players in the music business who also happen to be major corporations. They spend millions on sound systems, choreographers, technicians as well as employing the finest musicians to ensure they put out the very best performance and employ lawyers and publicity agents to ensure that the message gets across. So these guys will take a very dim view indeed when someone devotes as much time as you have to tarnishing hard won reputations by repeatedly spreading lies.

With Google and social networking it is highly likely that your libellous remarks will arrive in the in tray of someone who is employed to guard against these things.

You had better hope that it is the lawyers who come knocking at your door and not some of Jay-Z's mates.

I've never attended it and I certainly won't in future now it's gone downhill into being headlined by a manufactured karaoke act.

Maybe I will attend in future if they get decent live acts back headlining like Springsteen, CSN, Young & Nelson etc.

So your trying to make a point about live music at a festival when you have never been to expierence it live- that's interesting.

I tell you what- i bet beyonce and her backing track sounds better than your live stuff ;)

Why would micheal evis ever book people like CSN or young & nelson to headline glastonbury- they wouldn't fill one of the smaller stages nowdays never mind the pyramid stage on a sunday night.

Music moves on- maybe its time you did the same?

Why would micheal evis ever book people like CSN or young & nelson to headline glastonbury- they wouldn't fill one of the smaller stages nowdays never mind the pyramid stage on a sunday night.

Music moves on- maybe its time you did the same?

Amazing two years ago they stole the show along with Springsteen at Glastonbury.

We saw CSN a month after Gastonbury they packed out m,anchester arena.

Just shows how much you and the Karaoke act enthusiast know.

Archived