Glastonbury! .

Amazing two years ago they stole the show along with Springsteen at Glastonbury.

We saw CSN a month after Gastonbury they packed out m,anchester arena.

Just shows how much you and the Karaoke act enthusiast know.

But their making millions and you're jamming/gigging for a shandy with almost dead people , inc yourself. :D

Amazing two years ago they stole the show along with Springsteen at Glastonbury.

We saw CSN a month after Gastonbury they packed out m,anchester arena.

Just shows how much you and the Karaoke act enthusiast know.

If you read what i said i said that they couldn't headline glastonbury- i didn't say they couldn't play glastonbury.

As i co-incidence i was actually at glastonbury that year and yes they did play but did they have a big crowd- not really, they had a few hardcore fans but it was nothing like as busy as it was when i saw jay-z, pendululm, U2 and The chemical brothers, elbow, pulp, arctics i could go on- they are the true headliners of festivals now- not some past it musicians getting one last big payday.

I don't know much about your era of music but i can appreciate it and i acknowledge there achievments at least- its just a shame that your so stuck in your ways that you can't do the same for the modern age artists that have come through the ranks.

I just wonder what Mr Bassman would make of the Arcade Fire.

They don't just sit on stools or hang off zimmer frames playing plinky plonky guitars which, let's face it, anyone could do.

The track 'Intervention' was recorded with an entire Hungarian orchestra and a mens choir plus the use of of a very specific cathedral organ. The result being absolutely awesome!

They can hardly drag round this entire ensemble round with them can they? They have to use backing tracks to recreate this sound when playing live.

Does this make (probably the best band ever) look like a load of karaoke singers ... I think not! :)

They don't just sit on stools or hang off zimmer frames playing plinky plonky guitars which, let's face it, anyone could do.

The track 'Intervention' was recorded with an entire Hungarian orchestra and a mens choir plus the use of of a very specific cathedral organ. The result being absolutely awesome!

They can hardly drag round this entire ensemble round with them can they? They have to use backing tracks to recreate this sound when playing live.

Does this make (probably the best band ever) look like a load of karaoke singers ... I think not! :)

No orchestra you say?? pah- bunch of karaoke merchants!

God forbid people try and push the boundries of music! I wonder if CSN or young and nelson ever did anything like that or did they just stick to the same thing for 40 years?

Blast! ...Think I should just chuck away all my Arcade Fire stuff then and download all the 78's by CSN (who?) and Young and Nelson (vaguely rings a bell) ... I don't want to be perceived as having no taste!

As for the terrible Cocteau Twins ...

To be fair ... I've never heard of Young and Nelson. Just watched them on You Tube ... awesome lyrics!

Strange that on the clip I watched there was a sign saying 'Exit' behind them ... could this have a deeper meaning?

Good times, good times ... ain't it funny how times slip away?! :hihi::loopy:

When I watched Arcade Fire last year they had well over 10 people on stage playing instruments.

Archived