Glastonbury! .

No.

If an individual is out of tune with the band/other singers, his or her vocal signal is passed through something like the Eventide H3000 harmoniser and is pitch shifted up or down by the relevant amount to correct it. This is then fed back into the mix and everyone is now in tune.

As the meerkats say, simples!

John X

Seems we both have an agenda, my agenda is to perform live warts and all, your agenda is to show that it is acceptable to fraudulantly con people into thinking that they're hearing/seeing a full live show when they're not, I don't mind that if that is what you're made aware of when you book for the show.

But to say that some highly paid performer is prancing and grunting around stage so he/she has to have pre recorded tracks played in the place of live singing/playing is a con trick.

They don't just sit on stools or hang off zimmer frames playing plinky plonky guitars which, let's face it, anyone could do.

Plinky plonky guitars, you'd have to fork out over £3k for my basses withoutr thwe amps and cabs, I've recently sold two basses, the first went for £3.5k, the second for £2k.

My Bold= but not live it would seem.

Seems we both have an agenda, my agenda is to perform live warts and all, your agenda is to show that it is acceptable to fraudulantly con people into thinking that they're hearing/seeing a full live show when they're not, I don't mind that if that is what you're made aware of when you book for the show.

But to say that some highly paid performer is prancing and grunting around stage so he/she has to have pre recorded tracks played in the place of live singing/playing is a con trick.

I'm wondering if this is a generational thing, can you name any recent bands that you like?

Plinky plonky guitars, you'd have to fork out over £3k for my basses withoutr thwe amps and cabs, I've recently sold two basses, the first went for £3.5k, the second for £2k.

My Bold= but not live it would seem.

To be honest, it doesn't matter at all how much the instruments cost does it?

With the right amount of cash you could, let's say, buy a Stradivarius ... doesn't mean to say you know how to play it though does it?

£3k seems pretty cheap to me for something you make your living from (a taxi driver could well spend £20,000 or more for a run of the mill car)

I've been in town recently where I often see a fantastically talented young girl playing an acrylic violin (busking)... must have cost well over £3k ... pretty sure it's paid for itself though!

In short ... the cost of the instrument's minimal compared to how much you can earn from playing it well. Why have you sold your guitars?

Why haven't you answered my perfectly valid question about wether a superb live group can't use backing to support their live music where it'd be totally impossible for them to carry around the entourage of male voice choirs, church organs and an orchestra? :huh:

£3k seems pretty cheap to me for something you make your living from (a taxi driver could well spend £20,000 or more for a run of the mill car)

Yes but you see I paid £107 new for the bass I sold for £3500 and £115 new for a Bass I sold for £2000, please show me documentation where a run of the mill car costs £20k. Does a taxi go up in value over the years.

I've been in town recently where I often see a fantastically talented young girl playing an acrylic violin (busking)... must have cost well over £3k ... pretty sure it's paid for itself though!

You seem to make a lot of assumptions regarding costs, worth, fantasticly talented and ability.

In short ... the cost of the instrument's minimal compared to how much you can earn from playing it well. Why have you sold your guitars?

Why haven't you answered my perfectly valid question about wether a superb live group can't use backing to support their live music where it'd be totally impossible for them to carry around the entourage of male voice choirs, church organs and an orchestra? :huh

I sold some of my instruments not all of them because I didn't need so many.

A superb semi live (not 100% live if they use backings) act is justified using some backings if they declare it to be so.

My objection is to those who con people into thinking that the show is live when it isn't.

BTW mods I'm only answering a reply directed at me that was posted after your warning so I accept you deleting my post if you delete both posts..

thats the crux of the matter tho, IF you want to see a real life live artist playing guitars and stuff properly youd go see one of the bands on the other stages.

if however you just want to be entertained (the vast majority of the general public go for this option mostly), just look at how popular mush like x factor and britains got talent etc are.

they dont care if the artist is live live, they are being entertained with music.

nobodys being mislead, the thing with glastonbury is it caters for ALL types of people (well tbh it doesnt really have full on metal bands but........), the main couple of stages tho are reserved for POPULAR acts (normally who have just released a new album, dvd)

personal preference - i cant care less about beyonce (or britains got talent, x factor etc) id have searched out some proper bands to see at the time instead.

the other thing about glastonbury, for the last couple of decades they dont even give you a list of whos playing straight away, people buy their ticket blind just because they love the actual festival and EVERYTHING that goes along with it.

To be honest, it doesn't matter at all how much the instruments cost does it?

With the right amount of cash you could, let's say, buy a Stradivarius ... doesn't mean to say you know how to play it though does it?

Why haven't you answered my perfectly valid question about wether a superb live group can't use backing to support their live music where it'd be totally impossible for them to carry around the entourage of male voice choirs, church organs and an orchestra? :huh:

Interestingly on 4 Rooms a few nights ago a chap was selling Dee Dee Ramone's 1972 Fender Bass that he used thoughout much of the Ramone's glory days. Dee Dee was the Ramone's front man and was inducted into Rock 'N' Rolls Hall of Fame as well as the Ramones being included in Rolling Stone Magazines 50 greatest bands of all time. The highest offer for the guitar was £3000. It just goes to show how little regard there is for a punk band that played the largest venues on the planet compared to an instrument that belonged to someone who played Dronfield Woodhouse Miner's Welfare. ;)

Interestingly on 4 Rooms a few nights ago a chap was selling Dee Dee Ramone's 1972 Fender Bass that he used thoughout much of the Ramone's glory days. Dee Dee was the Ramone's front man and was inducted into Rock 'N' Rolls Hall of Fame as well as the Ramones being included in Rolling Stone Magazines 50 greatest bands of all time. The highest offer for the guitar was £3000. It just goes to show how little regard there is for a punk band that played the largest venues on the planet compared to an instrument that belonged to someone who played Dronfield Woodhouse Miner's Welfare. ;)

:hihi::hihi: yeah! ... I saw that too.

Guess it would have been much more valuable if it had an authenticity stamp from DWMW on it! :hihi::hihi:

Archived