Glastonbury! .

Interestingly on 4 Rooms a few nights ago a chap was selling Dee Dee Ramone's 1972 Fender Bass that he used thoughout much of the Ramone's glory days. Dee Dee was the Ramone's front man and was inducted into Rock 'N' Rolls Hall of Fame as well as the Ramones being included in Rolling Stone Magazines 50 greatest bands of all time. The highest offer for the guitar was £3000. It just goes to show how little regard there is for a punk band that played the largest venues on the planet compared to an instrument that belonged to someone who played Dronfield Woodhouse Miner's Welfare. ;)

Quite frankly a 1972 Fender Precision or Jazz Bass holds very little value other than once owned by Dee Dee Ramone.

The Fenders that were and still are worth money are the pre CBS instruments that were made before Leo Fender sold the company to CBS in 1965 or those using existing Fender stock in the months immediately after the sale, anything after that is not considered collectable.

My fender was pre CBS, being ignorant with sarcastic comments has just made you look stupid.

So you've just shown how ignorant you really are about the music game

:hihi::hihi: yeah! ... I saw that too.

Guess it would have been much more valuable if it had an authenticity stamp from DWMW on it! :hihi::hihi:

Once again another one who's jupmed in feet first displaying their ignorance.

When my Bass was advertised in the world wide published 'Vintage Guitar' magazine I received replies from all over the world including New York and Australia, my only regret was that I should have asked for more.

Many people on this forum make silly assumptions about other members.

Having worked resident in a Jazz club and jammed with musos who played regularly at Ronnie Scotts I consider I've got reasonable ability, how many on here have done that or played big dance band music (ie Miller, Basie, Dorsey etc), along with this I've studdied in London at one of the strictest schools of music and on top of all that played through many many genres of the popular music scene and still play.

And I can still tell when people are pretending to play.

I'll leave the rest to you.

My objection is to those who con people into thinking that the show is live when it isn't.

But what i don't get is at what stage do these people come out and say that everythings live? they don't.

Modern music fans know that all of the tracks they are listening to have been created in a studio with the help of a computer- thats they way its done now. None of the acts are out to pull the wool over anyones eyes.

Take it from someone who has been to glastonbury many many times- the acts on the main stage later on in the evenings put on a SHOW, its not a live act, as it moves more mainstream they put on more extravagent things with dancing and routines etc etc. I don't think 1 person at the pyramid stage thought that all the music was all live.

I just don't see your point saying they are conning people as i don't think they are even trying to decieve anyone.

If you want unplugged and properly live music there are plenty of places to go- the acoustic tent maybe- or the hundreds of little stages and performance areas dotted around somewhere. They leave the big shows to the big names and everyone is more than happy i can assure you.

Once again another one who's jupmed in feet first displaying their ignorance.

When my Bass was advertised in the world wide published 'Vintage Guitar' magazine I received replies from all over the world including New York and Australia, my only regret was that I should have asked for more.

Many people on this forum make silly assumptions about other members.

Having worked resident in a Jazz club and jammed with musos who played regularly at Ronnie Scotts I consider I've got reasonable ability, how many on here have done that or played big dance band music (ie Miller, Basie, Dorsey etc), along with this I've studdied in London at one of the strictest schools of music and on top of all that played through many many genres of the popular music scene and still play.

And I can still tell when people are pretending to play.

I'll leave the rest to you.

I'm still wondering if this is a generational thing, can you name any recent bands that you like?

But what i don't get is at what stage do these people come out and say that everythings live? they don't.

Modern music fans know that all of the tracks they are listening to have been created in a studio with the help of a computer- thats they way its done now. None of the acts are out to pull the wool over anyones eyes.

Take it from someone who has been to glastonbury many many times- the acts on the main stage later on in the evenings put on a SHOW, its not a live act, as it moves more mainstream they put on more extravagent things with dancing and routines etc etc. I don't think 1 person at the pyramid stage thought that all the music was all live.

I just don't see your point saying they are conning people as i don't think they are even trying to decieve anyone.

If you want unplugged and properly live music there are plenty of places to go- the acoustic tent maybe- or the hundreds of little stages and performance areas dotted around somewhere. They leave the big shows to the big names and everyone is more than happy i can assure you.

Well at last someone has admitted that its karaoke, which is what I've been saying all along now I hope that all those who've been slagging me off for pointing out the truth will come and have a go at you for backing me up.

If you want unplugged and properly live music
Live music doesn't have to be played on accoustic instruments, as long as it is created there and then elctronicly or otherwhise it is live. it is not live when studio recordings (vocal and instrumental) are played and used in a so called live concert

I'm still wondering if this is a generational thing, can you name any recent bands that you like?

generation has nothing to do with it, my bone of contention is whether using studio recordings on so called live shows is ethical if you don't tell the fee paying public what is happening.

scottf has confirmed that is what happens these days and is the accepted norm, pointing out this karaoke is what others have been slagging me off for.

generation has nothing to do with it, my bone of contention is whether using studio recordings on so called live shows is ethical if you don't tell the fee paying public what is happening.

scottf has confirmed that is what happens these days and is the accepted norm, pointing out this karaoke is what others have been slagging me off for.

So can you name any successful bands from the last 20 or so years that you like?

Well at last someone has admitted that its karaoke, which is what I've been saying all along now I hope that all those who've been slagging me off for pointing out the truth will come and have a go at you for backing me up.

Live music doesn't have to be played on accoustic instruments, as long as it is created there and then elctronicly or otherwhise it is live. it is not live when studio recordings (vocal and instrumental) are played and used in a so called live concert

Don't twist my words, i made a number of other valid points that you have TOTALLY ignored.

Apparently not. It seems Bassman62 definition of truth varies from everyone else's.

Live music doesn't have to be played on accoustic instruments, as long as it is created there and then elctronicly or otherwhise it is live. it is not live when studio recordings (vocal and instrumental) are played and used in a so called live concert.

No live music is when you go to a venue and watch the bands playing. What is not live music is when you sit at home and watch it on TV.

No live music is when you go to a venue and watch the bands playing. What is not live music is when you sit at home and watch it on TV.

You've almost finaly got it ('Hurray') when you say "No live music is when you go to a venue and watch the bands playing." You should also hear live bands playing.

What is not live music is when either pre recorded vocals (backing and lead) or backing tracks are used on a so called live event.

Archived