Glastonbury! .

You've almost finaly got it ('Hurray') when you say "No live music is when you go to a venue and watch the bands playing." You should also hear live bands playing.

What is not live music is when either pre recorded vocals (backing and lead) or backing tracks are used on a so called live event.

and so...........yet again

ignoring this one so called kareoke band, would you like to impart your wisdom on the other 1999 or so bands that played?

must be some you actually like, know, heard

Apparently not. It seems Bassman62 definition of truth varies from everyone else's.

I've said all along that usuing pre recorded lead and backing vocals on a so called live performance is wrong.

I've also stated from the start that pretend musicians on so called live shows acting to pre recorded backing tracks is wrong when they're supposed to be live shows, unless stated otherwhise.

and so...........yet again

ignoring this one so called kareoke band, would you like to impart your wisdom on the other 1999 or so bands that played?

must be some you actually like, know, heard

Why don't you ask the informed person on this thread who stated that most of todays acts did it these days.

All I was pointing out that to be playing a wind instrument the instrument needs to be in your mouth and not being waved about.

I've said all along that usuing pre recorded lead and backing vocals on a so called live performance is wrong.

I've also stated from the start that pretend musicians on so called live shows acting to pre recorded backing tracks is wrong when they're supposed to be live shows, unless stated otherwhise.

And as everyone else has stated from the start you have singled out one act from the scores that were playing at Glastonbury and ignored all the rest. Also as everyone else has pointed out, the musicians weren't pretend musicians. Anyone who was at Glastonbury saw them play. The only recorded backing track was special aditional sounds that appear on the commercial recordings that cannot be reproduced even with a dozen or more professional musicians on stage.

It is just you who keeps making the ludicrous claims that this was a fake performance, but as we have seen from your willingness to lie through your teeth on this thread there is a very good chance that you aren't even a musician, and probably never were.

Why don't you ask the informed person on this thread who stated that most of todays acts did it these days.

All I was pointing out that to be playing a wind instrument the instrument needs to be in your mouth and not being waved about.

cos im asking you as YOUR the one complaining tooth and nail over ONE mainstream band on the biggest stage when theres 2000 or so acts, numerous stages and tents

It doesn't take a load of intelligence to realise that someone without a wind instrument in their mouth is not attempting to fake it.

Having recently seen Paul Carrack performing with a score of other musicians it is easy to see where you can get a little confused. Not everyone plays all the time. So when the Beighton Brass are playing not everyone of them needs to play every note. If you are there you can spot this. However if you are just some Joe sat at home at the mercy of the TV and they happen to be showing the wrong bit of the stage, someone of low intelligence might get confused by seeing one musician not playing but hearing the sounds of another who is. Perhaps if you went to a 21st century gig you might have realised this instead of making yourself look increasingly stupid.

Having recently seen Paul Carrack performing with a score of other musicians it is easy to see where you can get a little confused. Not everyone plays all the time. So when the Beighton Brass are playing not everyone of them needs to play every note. If you are there you can spot this.

Don't assume that... I've been told off by a punter while doing sound on a gig because he couldn't hear the bassist properly. Despite politely informing him that this was understandable, because the bass guitar was sat on a stand, and the guitarist was sat behind the keyboards, he still wasn't happy, and continued to complain around me until the bassist returned to his guitar, at which point I was told "much better, should've done that at the start".

Don't assume that... I've been told off by a punter while doing sound on a gig because he couldn't hear the bassist properly. Despite politely informing him that this was understandable, because the bass guitar was sat on a stand, and the guitarist was sat behind the keyboards, he still wasn't happy, and continued to complain around me until the bassist returned to his guitar, at which point I was told "much better, should've done that at the start".

The bass? Hmmmm

Must be a bass thing.

Wasnt bassman was it?

I give up- bassman62 just ignores any question that might threaten his cosy litle position.

But i do know that i WAS at glastonbury, it WAS amazing and i bet you a million pounds it was a better spectacle than watching any of the bands that he named.

Its simply the best festival in the world.

I give up- bassman62 just ignores any question that might threaten his cosy litle position.

But i do know that i WAS at glastonbury, it WAS amazing and i bet you a million pounds it was a better spectacle than watching any of the bands that he named.

Its simply the best festival in the world.

Seconded. Bassman is nothing but a mindless troll. I was at Glastonbury for the 3rd time and it just gets better. It is a great shame it isn't being held again until 2013.

Are you going to Leeds? We are taking the camper van. I know it's a bit soft but we just like a bit of civilization when we are roughing it. Flush toilet. Shower. Central heating. Bacon butties. Beer fridge...and Rock N Roll.

Archived