Spurn Head Beach for sand castles ?

With the nice weekend forecast we are heading to the coast (like a few others I suspect)

To try and find some peace we were going to go to Spurn, it is great for flying kites but the kids want to make sand castles - I cant remember if there is nice sand there or not, but I do know a fair bit is sea shells/fine shingle

Any pointer welcome, we may head up to Withernsea if Spurn doesnt work out

One issue there is East Riding have apparently banned kites on all their beaches but we figured at Spurn we wouldn't have any problem, whereas Withernsea we might

well, we went to Spurn but they wouldnt let us in - dogs are now completely banned from entering. It is not allowed to just keep them on lead or leave them in the car

So if you plan a trip make sure you check the website or give them a call as they seem a lot more focussed on protecting the wildlife/habitat than they used to be

http://www.ywt.org.uk/spurn_point.php

frustrating trip for us, no kites on the beaches in East Yorkshire and no dogs on Spurn - we will probably go to Cleethorpes next time (its quicker to get there too)

Archived