Chris Evans accused of one show 'racism'

Would these 56 people have seen cause to complain if Evans had made a remark about a pale skinned white person resembling a milk bottle?

I would have. I think it's grossly offensive to poke fun at someone because of their physical charateristics. So, thankfully, does most of society nowadays. The "let's all laugh at the cripples and the freaks" shows are long since dead.

I would have. I think it's grossly offensive to poke fun at someone because of their physical charateristics. So, thankfully, does most of society nowadays. The "let's all laugh at the cripples and the freaks" shows are long since dead.
Then you must take yourself far too seriously HN.

Wrong, just the more vocal ones.

Guest sibon
The BBC received 56 complaints from viewers accusing Chris Evans of racism after he told a black guest on the one show he could not see her after the studio lights were dimmed.

Full story here.http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbiz/article-23963385-chris-evans-accused-of-one-show-racism.do

He's an incredibly well paid presenter.

I object to giving my money to someone who thinks it ok to make such a ridiculous comment. It isn't hardcore racism though, just trashy talk. We should all demand higher standards from people like him.

I object to giving my money to someone who thinks it ok to make such a ridiculous comment. It isn't hardcore racism though, just trashy talk. We should all demand higher standards from people like him.

Give over, there are far more important things to worry about, life's too short, keep it in perspective pleeeeease :thumbsup:

Guest sibon
Give over, there are far more important things to worry about, life's too short, keep it in perspective pleeeeease :thumbsup:

There are indeed far more important things to worry about.

That doesn't mean that I can't object to the BBC giving my money to that <removed>.

See, I even had to moderate my own post:)

I can't see what the big deal is. So the guest is dark skinned. So what!! What's the big deal?

Archived