Chris Evans accused of one show 'racism'

I just watched the clip, how pathetic! he just talks as normal without any offence made.

I watched only fools and horses last night where del boy makes a comment ''**** shop'' Nobody battered an eye lid.

People are taking this racist thing too far!

I just watched the clip, how pathetic! he just talks as normal without any offence made.

I watched only fools and horses last night where del boy makes a comment ''**** shop'' Nobody battered an eye lid.

Del Boy is a legend though, Chris Evans isn't. So I'd like to see him get in trouble, regardless of it not being racist.

MMMMmmmm battered eyelids :love::hihi:

that's funny. i get that all the time from cab drivers-"sorry, mate, didn't see you hail the cab there. you blended into the dark there" at night. i use variations of the same myself.

spoil sports, those people who copmlained. bet the person it was said to didn't even mind.

that's funny. i get that all the time from cab drivers-"sorry, mate, didn't see you hail the cab there. you blended into the dark there" at night. i use variations of the same myself.

spoil sports, those people who copmlained. bet the person it was said to didn't even mind.

Yeah but the point is, he wasn't even talking about actually seeing her in the studio, they were talking about the light outside. It's the newspaper that added the "dim studio lights" bit. As far as I can tell it was friendly joke remark about how the conditions were so poor outside he would hardly have been able to see either three of them.

EDIT: It makes me wonder though, you can't deny the laws of physics when it comes to light. IF the studio really WAS very dim (ie, filming by candle light, for whatever reason) and IF he actually did say he could hardly see HER in the dim light, should he feel bad or guilty of racism? The army apply dark camouflage make-up to their skin on night missions to blend in, you can't deny it is harder to see darker skin in dim light.

Disclaimer: I'm no Chris Evans fan.

Yeah but the point is, he wasn't even talking about actually seeing her in the studio, they were talking about the light outside. It's the newspaper that added the "dim studio lights" bit. As far as I can tell it was friendly joke remark about how the conditions were so poor outside he would hardly have been able to see either three of them.

i hear you. and even he'd aimed the remark just at the black girl it'd still have been funny. funnier, infact, i think.

people do need to get some perspective and sense of humor.

people do need to get some perspective and sense of humor.

I agree with you, when did the world lose it's sense of humour? We should all be able to take a bit of ribbing and laugh along with each other.

And before you all start on me I am ginger so think what my life has been like :D:D

The BBC received 56 complaints from viewers accusing Chris Evans of racism after he told a black guest on the one show he could not see her after the studio lights were dimmed.

Full story here.http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbiz/article-23963385-chris-evans-accused-of-one-show-racism.do

Rumour is all the 56 are SF members;)

Archived