Chris Evans accused of one show 'racism'

It was thoughtless rather than blatantly racist. Why the issue of someones skin colour has to be brought up at all by Evans I don't know. I guess he gets a lot of jibes about being ginger so maybe he thought it was fair game.

HAVE YOU ACTUALLY WATCHED THE CLIP!!!!!

It is NOT in the slightest racist in any shape way or form, im not a fan of Evans and would avoid his shows at all costs but this is just totally ridiculous, I cant believe this thread has even managed to prosper after the clip was posted.

A few years ago I had a job which required me to drive all over the country as well as spend some time in an office. During a spell of lovely weather I was doing a lot of driving and as a result acquired a great tan. During a short spell at the office, one of my coworkers commented on my tan to which I replied: "I'm trying to catch up to Marianne". Marianne was a Kenyan girl who worked with us and was part of the conversation.

Was my comment racist? Well Marianne herself laughed and commented that 'at least her tan was all over' so she obviously did not think so.

People need to get over themselves and stop looking for the negatives in what people are saying. Whatever you think of Chris Evans, to pull him apart over this comment seems pathetic and small-minded.

It is NOT in the slightest racist in any shape way or form, im not a fan of Evans and would avoid his shows at all costs but this is just totally ridiculous, I cant believe this thread has even managed to prosper after the clip was posted.

He/she can't have or they'd know that Evans never mentions skin colour.

calm down, calm down..I said its NOT RACIST. Maybe it could be construed as such, either way presenters on tele have to be a bit careful about what they say, what with it being broadcast nationally.

calm down, calm down..I said its NOT RACIST. Maybe it could be construed as such, either way presenters on tele have to be a bit careful about what they say, what with it being broadcast nationally.

Nobody should have to alter there behaviour for fear of upsetting some paranoid nut cases...

It's not racist and Evans isn't either, I'm mixed race and often myself makes jokes about this (in context)- also anything under the sun - with trusted friends or affable/sociable people.

These complainers would be middle class do-gooder white people from the rich suburbs who don't even have any non-white friends!

Something helps the world go round- it's called humour!

How do you know Evans isn't racist?

As far as I can tell from not knowing him, but being a long-term viewer/listener of his, he isn't.

Most white people are, I guess (also all colours/nationalities/creeds, too), there are so many different 'degrees' of "racism" in society, in my view. This is where the problem lies.

Archived