Does anyone suffer with sinusitis?

• 5 months later...

Hi, I get catarrh and sinusitis and sore throats a couple of times a year. I mix and match with various tablets, paracetamol every 4 hrs, two hours later 2 ibuprofen. Also buy some tablets called phenylephrine and take them as they are a decongestant, think they are in sudafed, mucron, lemsip etc but you get a higher dose buying them all separately.

I got a gel eye mask for headaches which can be warmed or cooled depending on preference.

I've had it pretty bad for the last few weeks, maybe it's pollen related? Sudafed tablets otc from the pharmacy, psuedoephedrine seem better than phenyephrine. It can keep you awake & affect your appetite too, not great for long term use.

I've been using a beclometasone nose spray recently, that also works, gives me a sore throat though. It's the generic version of Beconase, £4 rather than £10.

• 4 months later...

I suffered in agony for years with this and it is no fun i can tell you that. doctors and specilists werent much cop. i read on another forum about how good sinus-soothe nasal spray was and i bought on that basis. this cured me after a couple of weeks and i am now a changed woman. i have recomendeed this to others.

Archived