Is it possible to survive on the dole?

i watched show on Sky other night called Rich, Famous and Jobless.

they had four well-off people try to survive for 4 days on the jobless allowance equivalent to 39 pounds.

i googled the weekly allowance,it's 67.50 per week for 25's and over.

less if under 25.

rental subsidy i believe covers rent in full.

my question is, how is it possible to pay for

food,electricity,gas,transport,clothing,etc on less than 10 pound per day?

Rent is not paid in full, and no you can't survive on the dole. Well I can't anyway. If I need to get to town or something or Hillsbrough for shopping, I usually walk there and bus back to save money. Food is value products, and just the basics. Gas I put £10 a fortnight and try to make that last. Electric seems to go quicker than gas especially in the summer. I don't buy new clothes, they are from the charity shops for my daughter as she is growing so fast. My clothes are the ones I have had bought me for birthday or Christmas, the rest I have are from when I was a teenager (luckily I haven't grown too much).

Rent is not paid in full, and no you can't survive on the dole. Well I can't anyway. If I need to get to town or something or Hillsbrough for shopping, I usually walk there and bus back to save money. Food is value products, and just the basics. Gas I put £10 a fortnight and try to make that last. Electric seems to go quicker than gas especially in the summer. I don't buy new clothes, they are from the charity shops for my daughter as she is growing so fast. My clothes are the ones I have had bought me for birthday or Christmas, the rest I have are from when I was a teenager (luckily I haven't grown too much).

but thats surviving..................your not dead??

i watched show on Sky other night called Rich, Famous and Jobless.

they had four well-off people try to survive for 4 days on the jobless allowance equivalent to 39 pounds.

i googled the weekly allowance,it's 67.50 per week for 25's and over.

less if under 25.

rental subsidy i believe covers rent in full.

my question is, how is it possible to pay for

food,electricity,gas,transport,clothing,etc on less than 10 pound per day?

By being entitled to the additional advantage of discounts and rebates.

Archived