Is it possible to survive on the dole?

sorry to nitpick but to me surviving means not dieing?
Maybe he should have chose a better word, because I think he may have meant, can you live on a limited amount of money a week? Not live as in live and die... but to be able to pay for things etc.

on the show Rich,Famous and Jobless they had a female accountant who had lost her 21,000 pound a year job and now was struggling to feed herself for last 2 years on the dole.

she was crying and complained she could only have two instead of three meals per day.

not a nice way for the government to tackle the obesity epidemic.

on the show Rich,Famous and Jobless they had a female accountant who had lost her 21,000 pound a year job and now was struggling to feed herself for last 2 years on the dole.

she was crying and complained she could only have two instead of three meals per day.

not a nice way for the government to tackle the obesity epidemic.

:roll: poor her. Some people survive on one meal a day.

Maybe he should have chose a better word, because I think he may have meant, can you live on a limited amount of money a week? Not live as in live and die... but to be able to pay for things etc.

Well there's the whole point. Jobseekers Allowance is meant to enable you to survive; if you want to enjoy life, find work and earn the right to do so.

Well there's the whole point. Jobseekers Allowance is meant to enable you to survive; if you want to enjoy life, find work and earn the right to do so.
Wow... wondered when the man who plays God would come along. I am searching for jobs daily, looking around, asking around, but not had any reply. So because people are on benefits they don't deserve to have a bit of fun. Wow no wonder people don't post on here much any more. I know feel like the scum of the world for claiming JSA while trying to find employment thanks very much.

Archived