Is it possible to survive on the dole?

Well some of them may do it, my friend once gave money to a homeless man, well thought he was homeless, around the corner he had a nice decent car parked up and got into it and drove off :roll:. Makes you wonder who is genuine now.
What you ought to be asking is- Who would I prefer to give my spare change to? A man struggling to pay his mortgage or a wino scrounging for a can of Tennents super?

What you ought to be asking is- Who would I prefer to give my spare change to? A man struggling to pay his mortgage or a wino scrounging for a can of Tennents super?

i noticed the other day special brews way more expensive than when i used to buy it lol

its gone from like £4 for 4 cans to £8

Oh i see.

A friend of mine split up with her children's dad a bit back, and is a single parent with 2 kids, aged 1 and 4.

She gets fortnightly income support of £140, weekly child tax credit of £100, weekly child benefit of £34, and maintenance at £23 per week.

£297 once a fortnight... :o. Woah.

I would prefer to keep it myself in this case.... I am a more worthy cause :|.

i noticed the other day special brews way more expensive than when i used to buy it lol

its gone from like £4 for 4 cans to £8

My friend's dad used to drink special brew... on benefits too... wonder how people can afford it... as apparently I should be sat in the house all the time and don't have a life according to some.... :roll:.

Even if you imagine the income support paid weekly at £70, still a lovely amount init?
I must be daft to still be living with him... think he will be getting kicked out soon... :hihi:. Might be able to have a night out on my birthday then. :roll:.

I must be daft to still be living with him... think he will be getting kicked out soon... :hihi:. Might be able to have a night out on my birthday then. :roll:.

Weigh it up lol

is he worth £200 a week?? He is parting a woman and her money!!

You will have enough spare to hire a male prostitute when needed :hihi:

Or to go to Ann Summers :hihi:. Damn... why do I love him.... :roll:.

Damn men! Lol

Out of interest how much JSA do you get? Do you get tax credits too?

I've been in your situation a few years ago, OH lost his job and claimed for us both but i can't remember at all how much we got x

Archived