Oil is not a fossil fuel.

The OP hasn't mentioned coal, ...

This

And oil, for better or for worse, is not a non-renewable resource. It, like coal, and natural gas, replenishes from sources within the mantle of earth.
is what I was picking up on. It was part of his quoted source ... I don't just make stuff up in my head ... not even latish on :rolleyes:

Is oil a fossil fuel ?

As no fossils have been found deeper than 16.000 ft ,it does seem strange that oil company's are drilling far deeper than that to find fossil fuel ?

Where did you get your information from about no fossils being found below 16,000ft?

It's wrong. My occupation is drilling oil wells so I know what I'm talking about.

Is oil a fossil fuel ?

According to some it isn't. Sounds a little far fetched when for so long we have accepted the fossil theory.

Think about it though for a minute....

I have wondered before about how ancient animal and plant life became oil rather than break down as it does today ,into "dust" ?

Perhaps some of you scientists out there could explain the process for me.

Anyway, the alternative theory is that oil is actually a Abiotic fluid produced naturally in the earth's core and self replenishing.

http://www.rense.com/general67/oils.htm

"To begin with, oil is not a fossil fuel. This is a theory put forth by 18th century scientists. Within 50 years, Germany and France's scientists had attacked the theory of petroleum's biological roots. In fact, oil is abiotic, not the product of long decayed biological matter. And oil, for better or for worse, is not a non-renewable resource. It, like coal, and natural gas, replenishes from sources within the mantle of earth. This is the real and true science of oil"

Interesting video on the subject http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck01KhuQYmE

As no fossils have been found deeper than 16.000 ft ,it does seem strange that oil company's are drilling far deeper than that to find fossil fuel ?

There is evidence to suggest the peak oil crisis is a con to extract as much money as possible from us by claiming oil is scarce and increasingly more difficult and expensive to find.

What the **** are you taking about ?

Sorry..

Hey since when did you last see a vien of coal replenish it's self ?

Would the coal " eventually " grow back in place ? Or would it be magically transported back into the thousands of coal pits we have here ?

Same with the gas and oil but it's the coal that's pushing my button ...

I would imagine fossils go down as far as plate techtonics carry them ?

They probably get crushed into oblivion once they're anywhere near a subduction zone. I don't know what's the maximum depth at which recognisable fossils have been found; I would think it's more to do with how deep people bother going to look for them, than how deep they may exist.

Tonight I was down the pub when an acquaintance showed up with a caterpillar (named Charlie) in a pot. Her mum had given it to her. I thought: "this is the craziest person with whom I have ever come into contact... crazier than the girl I know who refuses to go to bed without a nappy on her head".

I was wrong.

I suspect she's better looking than vResistance though.

Archived