I cant take much more of this smell of cannabis

I just said this in the post above yours, look ^^

Yeah, you posted as I was writing my reply :)

My post wasnt aimed at you directly (even though I chose your post to quote), just at the general theme from some pot heads that just because alcohol is bad for you in excess, that everyone should simply accept weed.

As I said, one can always find excuses for oneself.

I'd go so far as to say that anyone that doesn't take seriously their responsibility as parents by not smoking, drinking or taking illegal drugs around their kids, and not allowing anyone else to do so, can never be a truly good parent, let alone an excellent one.

Gaia save us from the new puritans.

Children are going out into the world and it's full of drugs illicit and otherwise. To pretend there's no such thing and hide the fact from your children is dishonest and your kids will see straight through it, understand that it's shameful and furtive, and keep their habits from you.

You only have to spend five minutes in the company of habitual tokers to see that blow rots your brain. And the very fact that they don't realise it, just serves to prove the point. :D

If you've smoked it, you're biased. If you haven't, you don't know what you are talking about.

There's no need for the smell with cannabis - it's just something the commercial breeders like because it gives the product more bag appeal. It's not actually related to the strength or quality. There are dozens of varieties that hardly smell at all in comparison with the stinky ones.

By 'anyone' do you mean TonyErikson? Because that's who I was replying to. If he can misquote and attribute comments to me that were made by other people, probably because he's suffering from brain fog ... we all can do likewise, surely? Although I don't consider I am misrepresenting his opinion on this topic.

No I meant anyone, including Tony. I've had a look and can't see anyone suggesting anything like this "More so than you are to yours which is advocating that parents can be slack and it's ok. It's not ok to endanger your children and show them a bad example by growing cannabis, being antisocial to your next door neighbours and driving about under the influence" at all.

Tony has actually said quite the opposite on a number of his posts.

Brain fog? Maybe he's just drunk?

From the responses I've been reading it seems that some people are assuming myself and Tony are pro-cannabis. Saying that Alcohol can be more destructive does not mean that I (or Tony, although I can't really speak for him) think smoking cannabis around kids is okay. We've both said it's NOT.

Yeah, you posted as I was writing my reply :)

My post wasnt aimed at you directly (even though I chose your post to quote), just at the general theme from some pot heads that just because alcohol is bad for you in excess, that everyone should simply accept weed.

Where on here has anyone said this?

Seems to me that dope smokers only argument always comes down to the same thing "Well alcohol is worse" blah, blah, blah...

Fact is cannibis, though some may not think so, reeks vile and why should anyone have to put up with some one elses stank in their own home?

That's quite right. Alcohol can be invasive to immediate family if they have family member who is alcoholic but it doesn't usually have direct effect on neighbours in the same way cannabis does. Besides drinking and smoking cigarettes is not illegal but have feeling it might have been apart from the revenue it generates

Just to make it clear, these are my views on it:

Weed is bad for you.

Booze is bad for you.

Cigs are bad for you.

Any of the above in excess are REALLY bad for you.

Only one is illegal. Why not make all 3 illegal?

That's quite right. Alcohol can be invasive to immediate family if they have family member who is alcoholic but it dopesn't usually have direct effect on neighbours in the same way cannabis does. Besides drinking and smoking cigarettes is not illegal but have feeling it might have been apart from the revenue it generates

Quite right, it's usually in a more aggressive way.

Children are going out into the world and it's full of drugs illicit and otherwise. To pretend there's no such thing and hide the fact from your children is dishonest and your kids will see straight through it, understand that it's shameful and furtive, and keep their habits from you.
I suppose that they're equipped with a headstart to find and take drugs if they have druggie parents to show them the way? It's hardly providing a good role model for your children to follow, is it?

If you've smoked it, you're biased. If you haven't, you don't know what you are talking about.
The onlooker sees more of the game ... :D

I suppose that they're equipped with a headstart to find and take drugs if they have druggie parents to show them the way? It's hardly providing a good role model for your children to follow, is it?

The onlooker sees more of the game ... :D

Once again the exact same can be said for alcohol. As a child I thought it was normal to have a second fridge.

Once again the exact same can be said for alcohol. As a child I thought it was normal to have a second fridge.

But having a drink is legal and the effects cannot waft into somebody elses garden and have a detrimental effect on the neighbours children

Archived