I cant take much more of this smell of cannabis

Then your friend was a prat.

I never said it should be socially acceptable. Whilst it's illegal it always will be. Did you see my first post in this thread? I'm just highlighting the hypocrisy shown towards one drug over another.

The fact is it's not the drug that does the damage, it's the user's behaviour whilst both on and off the drug.

Actually it can increase mental illness in persistent users and like all drugs creates a dependency and makes users into fools at hands of profiteers.

I think there is a tension between parenting and relaxing in a certain mode.We rarely take our kids to pubs and they are never exposed to excessive drunken conduct.some might say that is overprotective but I do feel my kids are well regarded by friends,neighbours teachers and others who befriend them.I never swear drink exceessively or do other things like that which would set a poor example.

Is this what Ruby would call special pleading?

Yet all cannabis users must be excessive and naturally bad parents?

a sensible parent would only smoke after the kids had gone to bed and outside.

the kids would have no contact whatsoever with the cannabis.

And there's the key. It's simply about adults doing adult things when the kids are away. If you can't understand that do not have kids.

Actually it can increase mental illness in persistent users and like all drugs creates a dependency and makes users into fools at hands of profiteers.

Got any definite proof? Alcohol kills organs as does smoking. Do you really care about the brains of cannabis users more than the lungs of a smoker and the liver of a drinker?

Then your friend was a prat.

I never said it should be socially acceptable. Whilst it's illegal it always will be. Did you see my first post in this thread? I'm just highlighting the hypocrisy shown towards one drug over another.

The fact is it's not the drug that does the damage, it's the user's behaviour whilst both on and off the drug.

Of course it's the drug that does damage.

Cannabis promotes paranoia and loads of mental health issues. I remember a conversation I once had with a guy whom worked on a Mental health ward on the NHS. 90% of the patients were cannabis users with developed '''Schizophrenia'''.

I wouldn't want it smoked anywhere near kids to be honest. It's no where near harmless. And yes I would shop people that were smoking the drug with kids around to the social.

And there's the key. It's simply about adults doing adult things when the kids are away. If you can't understand that do not have kids.

But the kids aren't away.

There are present when the dope is being smoked.

Rather my lungs and liver be shot than end up on mental ward.

As a person who is celebrating not having a drink for a year by doing it for charity that statement is stupid. Alcohol accounts for more broken lives than any drug. I haven't had a drink since Christmas but I don't go claiming to have saved Africa. To me that says to children that not drinking requires some form of sacrifice. Whereas not having any other drug makes you good.

When I do have a drink, it's after my kids are in bed or not around.

I don't see you're point. You are advocating drug use and saying that drug users set a good example to kids.

Clearly you are either stupid or a drug user, or probably both.

Of course it's the drug that does damage.

Cannabis promotes paranoia and loads of mental health issues. I remember a conversation I once had with a guy whom worked on a Mental health ward on the NHS. 90% of the patients were cannabis users with developed '''Schizophrenia'''.

Again this can be said of active drug use in front of any child. Though I think you're exaggerating your mental health ward story.

I wouldn't want it smoked anywhere near kids to be honest. It's no where near harmless. And yes I would shop people that were smoking the drug with kids around to the social.

Would you do the same for alcohol and cigarettes?

Archived