Gove - teacher strike and lose respect !

Are we really all in it together? Well I'm up to my head in it with no work at mo and no one is championing my plight. I have a dead private pension. My taxes should not pay the pension of public sector workers. Teachers are smug and eliteist. Is that how you spell eliteist?

That's not true is it? Many unions and public sector workers fully support your plight and want there to be jobs and a pension available to you. That's why there was a massive demonstration organised by the unions against Govt cutbacks, cutbacks that affect all sectors of society.

Whereas the banks and private equity firms have championed your plight....how?

And not only that, how much public pension will Gove get and what about all the expenses?

MP,s pensions should be cut to zero, they are paid enough to contribute to a personal pension plan, the tax payer shouldn’t be supporting them when they leave office.

MP,s pensions should be cut to zero, they are paid enough to contribute to a personal pension plan, the tax payer shouldn’t be supporting them when they leave office.

That word says it all doesn't it?

The problem with the teaching union is that it believes the education system is run for the benefit of teachers rather than schoolchildren.

Any teacher who believes lining their pockets with their gold-plated pension is more important than the education of their pupils is in the wrong job.

That's not true is it? Many unions and public sector workers fully support your plight and want there to be jobs and a pension available to you. That's why there was a massive demonstration organised by the unions against Govt cutbacks, cutbacks that affect all sectors of society.

Whereas the banks and private equity firms have championed your plight....how?

Ive worked for teachers, coppers and the like, they all screw you down to the lowest pos price, every time. I always do a perfect job what ever the money. The people who pay the best are normal workers in fact those on the council estates are my best customers. Coppers think they are entitled to some sort of discount WHY? and teachers talk to you like you are a kid and its got worse during this downturn. I'm allright Jack.

The problem with the teaching union is that it believes the education system is run for the benefit of teachers rather than schoolchildren.

Any teacher who believes lining their pockets with their gold-plated pension is more important than the education of their pupils is in the wrong job.

How are you going to qualify that statement?

And what's all this gold-plated pension crap people are coming out with? It sounds like they've been reading the Daily Hitler and the Daily Torygraph. Contrary to popular belief, which is generally propagated by the aforementioned daily rags, Civil Service pensions for the vast majority of workers are not as massive people are being told. With the exception of those at the top of the tree, which is the same as in the private sector, pensions for most Civil Servants run in at the same rate as a private pension.

Don't forget, the contracts surrounding pensions have to be in agreement on both sides. If someone tries to change the contract after it's been agreed and signed off the person who tries to make the changes are going to be in all kinds of legal trouble.

Are we really all in it together? Well I'm up to my head in it with no work at mo and no one is championing my plight. I have a dead private pension. My taxes should not pay the pension of public sector workers. Teachers are smug and eliteist. Is that how you spell eliteist?

Would the state of your pension be down to Mr Brown raiding private pension funds when he was Chancellor? How are the private pension funds ever going to improve if the public ones are decimated?

Cheers IZ, that is great to hear.

I must say, I'm not too keen on striking in this instance, but we have been backed into a corner by some shameful behaviour by the Government.

With any luck, it will be a one off and the Tories will do as they should. Value our pension scheme and then decide whether they need to make any changes to it, not the other way around.

the tories will not change...its only one day anyway....not do the kids any harm....if the weather is nice....nobody is forcing anyone to retire later...if you have not got enough tucked away by the time you are 60...and you are in a profession...like teachers...must have been living the high life..

Ive worked for teachers, coppers and the like, they all screw you down to the lowest pos price, every time. I always do a perfect job what ever the money. The people who pay the best are normal workers in fact those on the council estates are my best customers. Coppers think they are entitled to some sort of discount WHY? and teachers talk to you like you are a kid and its got worse during this downturn. I'm allright Jack.

Refuse to work for them then. Anyone can live in a council house too, social housing is there for everyone and maybe if there was more people that could live in one they would have more money to save and not need a pension :)

the tories will not change...its only one day anyway....not do the kids any harm....if the weather is nice....nobody is forcing anyone to retire later...if you have not got enough tucked away by the time you are 60...and you are in a profession...like teachers...must have been living the high life..
An electrician and plumber earns more than a teacher does (well they do in my family!) They have struggled with pension provision as both did not start paying into a pension until they were in their late 30's/ early 40's which I think is true for a lot of self employed people and far too late to be starting a pension. Most teachers have paid in since they started work in their early twenties, so an extra 20 years of payments.

Archived