Family problems. Please read and advise.

My daughter is 3 next week. Invited his (OH) cousin and his cousin's wife and her daughter and his cousin has a child with an ex. His ex is now showing off because I invited the wife with the cousin as they are family and didn't want any ill feelings. Thinking of cancelling it as it is doing my head in. I just can't do right for doing wrong about the whole thing! Please help.

you DIDNT invite his ex? (oh you DID invite the ex)

well dont worry about it, let her show off as much as she wants, shes his ex, prolly for a reason

ignore her

its your daughters day not theirs, tell em spoil it and wo betide em

I knew it would be awkward from the off if the ex and the wife was there. I am just going to let her get over her sulk and talk to her when she can be adult about it.

It really is so refreshing to see that some people can be grown up where kids and new partners are concerned. You seem to be really switched on and realise that having both parents at the party is best for your child.

Let her have her rant and try and enjoy the day. Its her problem.

It really is so refreshing to see that some people can be grown up where kids and new partners are concerned. You seem to be really switched on and realise that having both parents at the party is best for your child.

Let her have her rant and try and enjoy the day. Its her problem.

Thank you, I just don't want to cause conflict and hatred through the family. I have invited the wife even though I don't really get on but she is part of the family so I get along with her so every one else is happy too.

Invited his (OH) cousin and his cousin's wife and her daughter and his cousin has a child with an ex. His ex is now showing off because I invited the wife with the cousin as they are family and didn't want any ill feelings. Thinking of cancelling it as it is doing my head in. I just can't do right for doing wrong about the whole thing! Please help.

Thats just baffled my brain lol, whos cousin did what with a what lol,

btw don't cancel roo's party just to please others its her day, aslong as your there she will be happy xx

Infact just re-read and actually got it lol

Our family thrive on their fallings out, so for H's naming party I just invited everybody and told them they were all in the same boat, so tough

H met her genetic grandfather for the first time, and my cousin's kid was in the same boat, so her mum took some persuading, but at the end of the day it's a family do, and any member of the family has as much right as the next to be there

Now if they start spoiling the day, THAT's the time to show them the door :thumbsup:

Archived