Spire Brewery opening pub in Dronfield

Andy C

Received an email today with the official announcement.

"We are pleased to announce the acquisition of our new pub in Dronfield. We will be taking over The Three Tuns ( presently The Hallowes) and after a short programme of refurbishment we hope to open the doors towards the end of July!

We are really excited about our new venture and will post further information in due course. Watch out for our new Three Tuns FaceBook page coming soon....."

This pub is about a 10 minute walk from Dronfield rail station or buses 43/44/44A stop outside the pub.

I've heard there are plans for 10 handpumps on the bar split between showcasing Spire beers and guests. Also heard they will do simple, reasonably priced food.

It wasn't that long ago that it was the Masons Arms, and only this week I heard a rumour about it being turned into a McDonalds!

Saw they were busy working on the place when I was walking the dog today. I have to say though, that I'm not the only person who thinks that they may not be able to get everything set for the end of July. It's not been in use for some time.

I do hope it's a success whatever happens to the place. Obviously I'm not going to moan about more real ale, and I hope the food is pretty good as well.

Ooh, got me excited, that has. I noticed a skip there last week, and really should have posted 'There's a skip outside the Hallowes, anyone know what's going on...' type of thing.

Twenty five minute walk to there, looks like I might be getting a bit more excercise then! Thanks for the heads up Andy.

Ooh, got me excited, that has. I noticed a skip there last week, and really should have posted 'There's a skip outside the Hallowes, anyone know what's going on...' type of thing.

Twenty five minute walk to there, looks like I might be getting a bit more excercise then! Thanks for the heads up Andy.

I've got in a habit over the past year of walking the dog to the Coach & Horses of a Sunday (indeed had an odd experience when in Manchester in October when somebody recognized me from walking the dog in Dronfield!). Looks like I may not need to walk so far for a Sunday real ale!

heard anything about the Sheaf on fraser road woodseats Andy

Nothing new to report - its been bought, a manager has been appointed, its to be refurbished I think and will open in a month or two as a free house with 6 handpumps on each bar with at least some of the beer from local breweries.

This is good news rather than turning the pub into an Indian Restaurant. The final death knell is when it goes to a Thai restaurant!

Apparantly the pub is owned by one of the Dronfield Indian restaurant companies but is being leased to Spire Brewery.

Things are beginning to look up in the Dronfield area as the Old Sidings is supposedly reopening as a real ale freehouse at some point in the next couple of months too!

Archived