Council should let you vote on possible tenants

a fifth of the population ?

Yes, a current letting rates, it will take well over 20 years to clear the list.

However that doesn't take into account the demolition, gifting to private companies, and sale to tenants.

It also assumes 0 immigration, and were the city of sanctuary.

We need to be building massive amounts of housing. About 20 parkhills!

I would vote for no single parents no druggies no to anyone with a criminal record no ethnic minorities that should do for a start.Stocksbridge is a nice place to live but over the years we have had all sorts rehoused up here,esp Kenworthy road and the flats originally built for o.a.p s.

Sheffield born and bred.

In Sheffield people don't pop round to sit on your settee. They request it as a bed.

It's funny because I don't know a single person who hasn't found somewhere to live pretty quickly. Perhaps if you widened your search you could have got something that wasnt over crowded

Why do 100,000 need a council house, wher are they living now ?

No way do 100000 people need a council house. Lots of people put their name on a housing list 'just in case' and a large majority never even bid for one. The last information I have (from a meeting I attended, not a written source) is that there are currently around 18,500 active bidders. That is less than 1/5 of people on the register who are actively trying to get rehoused by bidding for council or housing association properties. These are the people who need or want social housing now and many will have priority. Those using the register as a safety net, by just building up waiting time may never even try to get a property.

Some housing organisations and councils only let people register who do need rehousing, but anyone can register with Sheffield Council and that is why their waiting list looks enormous!

Archived