Holiday in Turkey during Ramadan?

Hi

I just wondered if anyone has been on holiday in Turkey during Ramadan? I am looking to book a holiday for beginning August but as this is when Ramadan begins I wanted to ask if anyone has had experince of the impact this religious period may have on availability of services etc?

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks

Turkey is a beautiful country with a great culture and people to match.

Ramadan affects the person who follows the faith which basically mean they don’t do certain things in daylight hours eating being one of them, but it does not stop you from doing them. As said above in the resorts you won’t even notice. The followers of the Muslim religion should not drink but they still serve alcohol in bars because most People don’t push their beliefs onto others.

I know it's a different place altogether, but I was in Tunisia during Ramadam a few years ago on a holiday. It hardly affected our stay whatsoever, but we did notice a lot of services like shops/taxis etc would be temporarily off at dusk when all the fasting familes would get together and eat, and who would get funny about that really, after a day of not eating in the scorching heat! Good on em, I was whining about only having had the 15th can of coke by tea time in those temperatures, so it must be hard!

Hi

I just wondered if anyone has been on holiday in Turkey during Ramadan? I am looking to book a holiday for beginning August but as this is when Ramadan begins I wanted to ask if anyone has had experince of the impact this religious period may have on availability of services etc?

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks

Just ask if they have a kosher menu, that should sort it. I asked that in Southern Fried chicken once. Put it this way I wouldn't have eaten there if they had. Stick to coke 'BOTTLED' and Snickers bars. the food is awful.

I can't speak for Turkey but I know what the resorts here are like at that time.

Most Muslims will be fasting but are quite used to foreigners eating and doing as they like. In the tourist areas at least, no worries.

People eating in Ramadan isn't offensive. Many Muslims will also be eating. That would include pregnant women, women on their periods, children and anyone who is ill.

If Turkey is anything like this place, there will be Christians and various other groups also eating during the fast. Most restaurants that can be seen from the road usually pop up a blind.

Just ask if they have a kosher menu, that should sort it. I asked that in Southern Fried chicken once. Put it this way I wouldn't have eaten there if they had. Stick to coke 'BOTTLED' and Snickers bars. the food is awful.

Nonsense the wild boar is very tasty ,I always have good meals over there,the only thing that the Turks cannot do is cater for the all inclusive crowd they seem to have no imagination when the choice is left to them.Im on my way next week and will no doubt partake in the 22 oz t bone they offer for about a fiver with all the trimmings

Archived