Holiday in Turkey during Ramadan?

I've been in Malaysia during Ramadan a couple of times and though it isn't anything like as rock-solid Muslim as Turkey is and there are always areas where there's a lot of non-Muslims even in the Muslim areas you aren't all that inconvenienced. As someone else has said you might have extra difficulty with stuff like getting taxis around dusk when a lot of people are breaking their fasts, but apart from that you'll notice little, especially if as is likely, you'll be in a tourist area. Not every Muslim observes it anyway. Quite a lot don't. Sometimes, the religous police in Malaysia can catch and fine somebody for not observing it but this is very rare and only happens in the more religous states. Most Muslims in Malaysia, even religous ones, think the religous police are a nuisance. At least secular Turkey does without those.

obviously it's not necessary to observe it as if you're an observant Muslim but if it's close to dusk and you're feeling hungry, just wait an extra hour or so to eat when everyone else does. It seems inconsiderate the odd times you see westerners eating a meal when it's only 5.30 when everyone else is sitting round waiting patiently for dusk to come in half an hour. At least Turkey is quite southerly so the days are shorter than here at this time of year. In the UK Ramadan is up to seventeen hours this year.

Are you allowed into the mosques or the market areas wearing your bikini.

I accept that you can't go into a mosque topless, or can you?

Would you do that in this country?

I would say they would drag you out and stone you to death,if not for that for being a troll.

Are you allowed into the mosques or the market areas wearing your bikini.

I accept that you can't go into a mosque topless, or can you?

Can you go in a church wearing a bikini?

I wouldn't suggest doing it in turkey unless u want hanging?

Archived