Golf Courses in Sheffield (which allow walk ons)

Looking to go golfing when back at home this week in Sheffield and wondering which allow walk ones that are not members?

I live 1000yards from Hallamshire course but as I drive past home there seems to be a nice big electric gate stopping randoms walking in there,, are they all like this or can a pay a daily fee at some to go one for my first swing, got the clubs etc already just never used them

info and prices appreciated .

Thanks.

Looking to go golfing when back at home this week in Sheffield and wondering which allow walk ones that are not members?

I live 1000yards from Hallamshire course but as I drive past home there seems to be a nice big electric gate stopping randoms walking in there,, are they all like this or can a pay a daily fee at some to go one for my first swing, got the clubs etc already just never used them

info and prices appreciated .

Thanks.

I played rother valley this morning and found the whole course to be in fantastic condition, I'm not sure of midweek prices but this morning cost £17.

If you are a complete beginner I would advise trying concord, it's not the best course in the world but it's fairly short so you don't need to be able to hit the ball a long way, the greens are generally in good condition and it doesn't usually get overly busy so you are less likely to have groups queuing behind you and putting extra pressure on your shots while you're trying to learn. Hope this helps and if you want any more info on any courses round sheffield post back on here or PM me and I'll help if I can.

Thanks for the replies,

I am going to try Beauchuef today with a friend of mine, Hallamshire was around £40 so going to skip that for now as ill not get the moneys worth for sure but I am hoping to try it in the future if its something I end up liking,.

Question to the people saying to avoid it though (Why?) I hear good things about it generally and its on my doorstep.

Archived