Parking on side roads..

Now I know like myself there are many people who park on side streets and walk/ride/get a bus to walk (In my case this is due to there being no car park where I work so I park around 10 mins away and walk down).

Now my question is...Why do people who park on side streets leave huge gaps between there car and the one in front?.

If your parking near double yellow lines, would it hurt to park right up to the yellow lines? therefore allowing someone else to park behind you?. Every day ars that have parked and not considered the fact that if they moved forward/backwards another metre then another car could fit in front/behind.

Does this annoy anyone else? or is it just me?

I leave a gap to pull out but not 2 metres like a lot do. I also park right up to yellow lines to leave more space for cars behind/in front of me. It gets annoying when I pass these spaces and end up having to park a further mile away!.

I too leave a gap and park right up to lines where many others do not. No doubt these same people are the ones who in the supermarket car parks cannot manage to park their vehicles between the white lines, or straight, often leaving spaces that cannot be filled. Seems nowadays it takes too much effort to think sensibly.

I do sympathise. Most people just don't seem to consider if anyone else will have enough space left to park.

I confess I am guilty of sometimes parking across two spaces.

The reason? I once returned to my car to find that the cars who had later parked either side of me had left me barely enough space to get into my car.

I had to pull out of the space so I could open the doors wide enough to fit my shopping in!

Given the amount of inconsiderate driving, it's not surprising that there is a lot of inconsiderate parking.

Archived