Islamic conribution to the world

Whats been exploded?

Apart from the odd suicide bomber?

No myths have been exploded in favour of islam on here mate.

Well clearly you're one of the imbeciles who believes Muslims have contributed nothing positive to the world despite your belief being exploded..or am I just reading you wrong?

Fear, mistrust and some pretty nasty traditions.

There's no doubt many good things. But as this was a response to the other similar thread about America its safe to say that the yanks have contributed much more to the world. In terms of technology, inventions and aid...IMO

But the 'Yanks' aren't an homogeneous group, they are made up of people from every political, racial and religious persuasion.

But the 'Yanks' aren't an homogeneous group, they are made up of people from every political, racial and religious persuasion.

I agree. Its daft to compare a religion against a country. Perhaps it should have been a battle of the religions...:suspect:

Well clearly you're one of the people who believes Muslims have contributed nothing positive to the world despite your belief being exploded..or am I just reading you wrong?

Do please try and be more polite or alternativly you could wait for your carer to come home and help you post.

Well the country with the largest population of slaves seems to be India with approx 40 million low caste hindus being bonded workers. Rather kicks that thread of your frothing anti-islam rant off it's rails doesn't it?

That'll be the country with the third highest population of Muslims in the world, so maybe not.

Have you read the comment at the top of that page or conveniently ignored it?

What about the other 7?:D

Would that be China, Brazil, Haiti, Nepal or Florida you are talking about?

Yes slavery is alive and well in many places to try and use it as yet another stick to beat Muslims with just further highlights your bigotry and ignorance.

A great deal. Too much to mention in one post, but there are some great books that have been written on it. Try the 1001 Inventions book, the site for it can be found here:

http://www.1001inventions.com/

Is full of Muslim inventions, many of which without we wouldn't have a lot of the technology we do today.

I'm sure there's plenty of other great books on the subject, too, all you need to do is look. ;)

If I remember right, I believe the number 0 was an Arab-Muslim invention - it didn't exist in the number system before Muslims introduced it.

You don't remember right, 0 is an Indian invention, an invention that was transmitted to Europe through Arabia & Muslims.

Incidentally for all it's boasting about "1001 Inventions" and how successful their project has been your link seems remarkably short of any information about what these claimed 1001 inventions actually are.

Anyone who knows anything about history should know that Islamic/Arabian Civilisation was once more developed by pretty much any measure than Europe. They'd also know that things has since changed with Islamic/Arabian civilisation stagnating/regressing and European civilisation flowering and developing at unprecedented rates.

Archived