Do you understand gas bills?

Dear fellow Forumers,

I'm trying to understand our gas bill, and I'm wondering if there is a problem with my new gas meter.

From 27th April to 13th May, we used 78 kWh.

On 13th May, the new meter was installed.

From 13th May to 10th June, we apparently used 3850 kWh, which looks like quite an achievement in an unheated house with an electric shower.

Can anyone shed light on how this is possible?

It definitely says KWh (kilowatt-hrs) next to both figures.

I called them last week (to find out what had happened to my bill ...) and waited 28 minutes for "an available operator".

I'm hoping that SF will provide someone with some insight into this business to provide the obvious explanation I'm just not seeing ;)

Are the units on the new meter metric..were the units on the old one imperial?Are they using the correct units on the bill?Are the meter readings correct?The KwH amount is derived from an equation which takes into account the calorific value of the gas and the amount used..

Are the units on the new meter metric..were the units on the old one imperial?Are they using the correct units on the bill?Are the meter readings correct?The KwH amount is derived from an equation which takes into account the calorific value of the gas and the amount used..

Yes. Maybe the old bill used imperial kilowatts and the new bill uses metric kilowatts.

A case for the Old Bill?

Archived