Wickes DIY. Get real you guys there's a recession on.

Obviously these guys don't need the business. We turned up today needing around 20 square metres of tiling with matching trim tiles. They had just what we needed but unfortunately they were a couple of boxes short of our requirements.

No problemo. The guy rings around a couple of other branches and between them they have enough tiles to make up the order. So I suggest paying for the whole lot and having it delivered next day. Oh yes there is a problem, a £20 delivery charge.

I tried to argue that the only reason I needed a delivery was because they didn't have the stock. If they did I'd take it all there and then. All this to no avail.

The manager even suggested going home and ordering everything on line as that would include free delivery. Alternatively the other store would deliver to the Sheffield branch and we could drive down again to collect. We walked out and bought elsewhere. These guys didn't want and didn't deserve our business.

Were you at the Rutland Road Wickes? I used to work there about 7 years ago. Since I left just about all the original staff that were there when it was Great Mills, then later a Focus, have all left. Its a shame, the old team would have sorted you out.

Archived