The dropped kerb/vehicular access thread- all queries in here please

Without wanting to hijack the thread, I already have a driveway and dropped kerb entrance. I'd like to extend the dropped kerb access on one side by just one kerb stone as it's tight to get into at the moment.

I understand I need Council permission to do this, but was just wondering if anyone can give me a rough estimate of what the work would cost?

Remember this would be for extending an existing driveway drop kerb by just one more kerb stone.

Cos I cant park there and have to park on other streets and walk, i'd much prefer my car outside my own house, I aint whinging bout them being there, i'm just wanting a solution so they cant be there :thumbsup:

You have no right to the spot of public road outside of your house., Stop whinging and learn to enjoy the occasional exercise.

You need to apply to the council - I am assuming because you want to make some off road parking because its a really good idea because everywhere they are putting in residents parking places and yellow lines - I dont think the process takes too long but you may have to pay or you can get permission and do it yourself

But my neighbour has had one put in with out and hardstaning(she just ripped the hedge out). So I was thinking I could do similar in the short run untill I have saved enough to have the drive professionally done??
I bet your street looks lovely :rolleyes:

I sincerely hope the council put a stop to this kind of streetscape vandalism, and only drop the kerb after the boundary has been dealt with satisfactorily and a suitable (visually appealing) hardstanding put in place

I can't believe how many people seem to jump on a thread just to attack the person who started it. It's like they just want to argue on here sometimes. I personally would prefer to have my own car outside my own house and I don't see anything wrong with that. I believe most people would. As for the ridiculous cost we have to pay the council to gain access over land that we all already contribute towards, to the land that we own, it's a joke.

Having a dropped kerb doesn't guarantee they won't park across your access. I'm disabled and have an adapted vehicle. We frequently have to park a long way down the road. We did speak to the council about marking it as a disabled space but the council said they weren't doing that any more.

Thanks for the replys, as for having it dropped, I fullyintend on building a drive but dont have the cash to do both at the moment. And the reason for wanting to park outside my house is quite obvious. The main question I was asking was would I have to have a drive already built and if so is there a certain specification it has to be??

Cheers

________

Honda RA099 specifications

Edited by Bonjon