Two police dogs left to die in unventilated vehicle

No. If a member of public did this and tried to commit suicide, they would be sectioned, just like the officer in question. Yes, they would be subject to an investigation, as will the officer. Hence why the RSPCA and IPCC are involved.

This thread is turning into another anti-police thread with no real basis for the accusations being made.

Not only this officer is in the wrong, the people who allowed him to continue working with animals are also clearly wrong.

Maybe it was a question of finances, I'm sure there is a hefty amount of money involved in training the officers and the dogs (although in his case the dogs cost is now irrelevant).

Also I would imagine getting dog handlers is a difficult thing to do because not many coppers would want to get involved with dogs, just like not many would want to get involved with horses in the mounted police.

Finances will be involved probably in the self harming, no one can say yet if it was a suicide attempt, or a fear of losing his pension.

His wife is also a dog handler.

Do you not agree that if a member of public had done this they would have been banned from keeping animals at the very least?.

Did the officer attempt suicide previous to this incident?, I doubt it very much.

What makes you think that an officer is immune from prosecution? The police have no influence over the RSPCA and their decision to prosecute. Likewise, the police have no influence over the CPS. Without knowing the full details of the last case, relating to the previous dog he killed, it's hard to say why he was not prosecuted.

He may have not attempted suicide before, but that's not to say he wasn't suffering from some underlying disorder/illness. I highly doubt he attempted to end his own life to preserve his pensions rights, as previously stated :huh: The posibility of mental illness here is obvious and I find the lack of understanding and flippant remarks staggering.

Yes, it is sad the dogs died, but again... save the abuse.

What makes you think that an officer is immune from prosecution? The police have no influence over the RSPCA and their decision to prosecute. Likewise, the police have no influence over the CPS. Without knowing the full details of the last case, relating to the previous dog he killed, it's hard to say why he was not prosecuted.

He may have not attempted suicide before, but that's not to say he wasn't suffering from some underlying disorder/illness. I highly doubt he attempted to end his own life to preserve his pensions rights, as previously stated :huh: The posibility of mental illness here is obvious and I find the lack of understanding and flippant remarks staggering.

No abuse just facts of life and it will be proven with the outcome of this case.

The sack, prosecution and loss of pension for failing to due his duty would suffice.

It will never happen though.

The police can't influence the cps, :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:, what planet have you been living on?.

No abuse just facts of life and it will be proven with the outcome of this case.

The sack, prosecution and loss of pension for failing to due his duty would suffice.

It will never happen though.

The police can't influence the cps, :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:, what planet have you been living on?.

Erm, your understanding of the judicial process of the UK is somewhat lacking. Here is a snippet from the CPS website....

"The Crown Prosecution Service is the Government Department responsible for prosecuting criminal cases investigated by the police in England and Wales.

As the principal prosecuting authority in England and Wales, we are responsible for:

advising the police on cases for possible prosecution; reviewing cases submitted by the police; determining any charges in all but minor cases; preparing cases for court; presenting cases at court."

So yes, the police do NOT have any influence over the CPS i.e. they can't tell them not to prosecute.

Am I missing something? I can't see any abuse. :huh:

Archived