Two police dogs left to die in unventilated vehicle

Erm, your understanding of the judicial process of the UK is somewhat lacking. Here is a snippet from the CPS website....

"The Crown Prosecution Service is the Government Department responsible for prosecuting criminal cases investigated by the police in England and Wales.

As the principal prosecuting authority in England and Wales, we are responsible for:

advising the police on cases for possible prosecution; reviewing cases submitted by the police; determining any charges in all but minor cases; preparing cases for court; presenting cases at court."

So yes, the police do NOT have any influence over the CPS i.e. they can't tell them not to prosecute.

Get in the real world.

As for abuse your post below answers that one.

Your ignorance is what stands out from that comment.

Bye bye.

Get in the real world.

Oh, I do live in the real world, thank you :)

Erm, as for ignorance... you are the only one who seems to think the suicide attempt, was an act of self preservation. You are totally dismissive of the idea of the officer suffering from some mental breakdown.

alex3659 and I have had our moments, but on this I totally agree with him. It's not only the police, I recall a while ago, it was reported that something like only 20 odd school teachers had been dismissed for gross incompetence in the last 40 years, who hasn't met an incompetent teacher?

When it takes a bloody eternity to decide to try a police officer for killing someone on camera something is very wrong, the whole country saw it for Christ's sake. I can just imagine them working overtime (paid of course) attempting to fake a cover up, they are as bent as a butcher's hook.

Who knows?! It's one of the many questions that will need answering. And, in due course, it will be answered. No doubt! Furthermore, it appears the police officer's mental health should be subject to the investigation. Suicide is not usually attempted on a whim or the death of a few dogs.

his mental health is no excuse, if he has mental health issues why is he looking after dogs in the first place.

What makes you think that an officer is immune from prosecution? The police have no influence over the RSPCA and their decision to prosecute. Likewise, the police have no influence over the CPS. Without knowing the full details of the last case, relating to the previous dog he killed, it's hard to say why he was not prosecuted.

He may have not attempted suicide before, but that's not to say he wasn't suffering from some underlying disorder/illness. I highly doubt he attempted to end his own life to preserve his pensions rights, as previously stated :huh: The posibility of mental illness here is obvious and I find the lack of understanding and flippant remarks staggering.

Yes, it is sad the dogs died, but again... save the abuse.

It is not sad it is utterly disgusting. They died from abuse whilst working for us!

his mental health is no excuse, if he has mental health issues why is he looking after dogs in the first place.

Not saying it is. Just pointing out that there could be other factors involved in the officer's actions. If it transpires to be the case, then questions do need to be asked about why he able to continue in his role.

Do people get arrested for killing dogs?

Good question. I have searched The Animal Welfare Act, and come up with no answer, however, I have learned the RSPCA have no power of arrest. They can only report someone on summond. Whether the police can arrest you for said crime, I have no idea.

Archived