Who Was The First Pop Star You Saw Live?

In the late 70`s, early 80`s i saw quite a few bands at the city hall. I can`t remember which was my first but the one that stands out is Black Sabbath with Van Halen as support. Excellent gig:clap:

:rolleyes: Van halen were relatively unknown as special guests,(They were excellent)Black sabbath packed up after about 2 or 3 songs (blaming technical problems).Tickets were a rip off about £3.80 (ufo were a couple of quid week before).Everyone was promised they would be back and the tickets valid,never been back since :mad:

Great times tho' :D

John Robert "JOE" Cocker and Dave Berry (real name Holgate Grundy).At the Black Swan (Mucky Duck) Snig Hill in the early 60's at the talent competitions before fame took them away. What great nights they were .I was a barman then. It was about 1962 or as soon as the Religious Idiots on the council deemed we were allowed live music in pubs I believe in preparation for the world cup in 1966 and the foreign income that would line their pockets

It was Elton John at the City Hall, in the early 70's. His 'Candle in the Wind' single was the first single I ever bought and the album that it came from (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road)_ was the first album I ever bought too. So thanks to Elton getting me interested in music I now have over 3,000 cd albums (not all his) and no money!

Archived