Who Was The First Pop Star You Saw Live?

Oh I am so jealous, as a very young girl my most treasured possession was a signed photograph of Gene Autry that my sisters american penpal sent to me, I thought he was wonderful so much better than Roy Rogers

Trigger had a better voice than Roy Rogers :hihi: .

I think that may have been Joseph Locke, my dear mom loved them both but her real favourite was Mario Lanza

no right first time that was david witfield or frank Ifield (the aussie)also sang rose pretty good,do you remember Fredrick Ferari (Spelling) a bit like J Locke

If were talking pop stars from that far back I remember seeing Reg Dixon at the Empire.

Not the organist from Sheffield, this guy was a comedian from Australia and he recorded his signicher tune "Confidentially" which was very popular at the time....

Confidentially I Like to talk,

Confidentially with folk like you.:banana:

Ok, OK, I'll stop singing :gag:

If were talking pop stars from that far back I remember seeing Reg Dixon at the Empire.

Not the organist from Sheffield, this guy was a comedian from Australia and he recorded his signicher tune "Confidentially" which was very popular at the time....

Confidentially I Like to talk,

Confidentially with folk like you.:banana:

Ok, OK, I'll stop singing :gag:

hiya grinder i remember reg dixon the comedian, the organist was reginald dixon, used to get them mixed up when they were on the radio, would be expecting a few jokes and finish up with the organist and remember al read, nat mills and bobby( got a hole in my bucket ).

Stevie Wonder City Hall 69ish Place was packed we were up in the gods and could barely see him but it was brilliant he did not want to leave the stage and had to be carried off! Seem to remember he was quoted in NME at the time saying that Sheffield was the best gig of his UK tour that year.

no right first time that was david witfield or frank Ifield (the aussie)also sang rose pretty good,do you remember Fredrick Ferari (Spelling) a bit like J Locke

Can we stop this now please, this is bringing unwanted memories I have buried for 50 years, David Whitfield sickeningly saccharine "Cara Mia" and Frank Ifield's excruciating "I Remember You". Thank god my generation was saved from this dire rubbish by Rock'n'Roll.

Archived