Car finance co won't remove HPI marker..

If you have paperwork from them that states they have provided you with an unsecured loan, and that's what the loan paperwork etc says then what you do is simple.

Write to them, recorded delivery, stating that.

1. Your personal information and records held is incorrect.

2. You require it to be corrected as per the Data Protection Act.

3. Remind them that they should not be holding incorrect data about yourself.

4. Indicate that you have already given them ample opportunity to correct this and that this error of theirs is causing you financial distress

5. Indicate that you will hold them liable for any financial losses you incur as a direct result of the uncorrected error

Give them seven days from receipt to correct this, and if not report to the Information Commissioners Office and the FSA.

I will do, although I keep repeating all of this in calls and emails to no avail. Thank you :)

Phone calls and emails are easy to lose and are therefore deniable. A letter, when you have the other bit saying it was signed for at this time and date by person X is much more awkward to dodge and they know it.

so glad i found this!!!

i am in exact same boat, same company same issue.

wont remove marker from car but i want to sell it to get something else :(

i have complained to financial services ombudsman but creation just told me to clear off :(

Archived