What can Gas Alliance legally do/not do?

Following my last thread about the Gas Alliance muppets complaining about our parking I now have another issue (well, a few...).

They have dug up our shared front 'garden' (paved) to get to gas pipes I assume. They said they would put it back how it was within 5 days... 5 (working) days ago, with no sign of them doing it (there have been holes in other's gardens for longer than ours). Is there anything we can do to make them actually do it?

We have been away for a week and our neighbours had been told someone might come round to mess with their meter, so we left them a key and the usual instructions to let them in to ours to kill 2 birds with one stone, but stay with them. We got back and the neighbour said they had come and done something to his meter last Friday. My neighbour then asked if they needed to get into ours as he had the key and was told no, they didn't want to come in ours.

Of course on our mat on our return there is a letter saying they need access, we need to be in on Wednesday. We work, so no we can't. We don't know of anyone who would be able to sit in our house from 8 till 6, so we will presumably be cut off on Wednesday and in theory never reconnected as we can't be in when they want to come.

It's frustrating that they had the opportunity to inspect our meter and refused it, but now expect us to take a day off (unpaid as we're out of holidays) for them to come in and likely nod at the meter and walk out again (it's a new meter, I can't imagine it needs replacing).

Would love to tell them to get stuffed, but I'm guessing we would just have no gas ever again, which is madly unfair in the circumstances.

Bah! Sorry for the rant, not happy...

Anything we can do? They have had an opportunity to check the meter and refused it, can we do anything (other than have cold showers and food) when they cut us off?

Relates to an ongoing issue in an area of Sheffield, so should have been left where it was IMO, but whatever...

Does anyone know of an email address for M1 Corridor Gas Alliance as all I get when I google them is people complaining that they just say 'we'll call back' and never do?

? I wasn't expecting the forum to organise a march on my behalf :)

I haven't the energy to deal with a paper, I'll just leave my door open for the gas man and sue them when I get burgled (or find a random relative to sit and watch my Sky tv all day).

Archived