Mum missed her sons wedding

My sister finally married her partner of 11 years on Saturday.They have two kids together and he took on my sisters eldest daughter from being a baby.They had cancelled a couple of dates to wed in the past as his mother cannot stand my sister and had refused to come.This time he stood his ground and said tough,this time not cancelling.Long story,but I cannot help but feel whatever she feels for my sister should of been on the back burner and feelings for her son and grandkids should of been paramount.His step dad come with new partner,he had separated from his mother some years back.Have any of you missed a wedding due to hating a family/friends partner or have you just put it aside and gone anyway?

She gave his brother a cheque in a card for £100 to pass on to him.He tore it up to pieces and posted it back through his mums letterbox the next day (she wasn't even in town for the wedding so won't get that yet).He is very hurt,I think she burnt her bridges now.

I asked my sister when it all started between them as they used to get on many moons ago.She said when her eldest daughter was just 4,her son was poorly in hospital.His mum looked after her daughter and took it upon herself to tell her that David was not her real daddy.David went mad when they found out saying that was up to them when to tell her that and from then on it has gone on back and forth with various other bits of crap.

I asked my sister when it all started between them as they used to get on many moons ago.She said when her eldest daughter was just 4,her son was poorly in hospital.His mum looked after her daughter and took it upon herself to tell her that David was not her real daddy.David went mad when they found out saying that was up to them when to tell her that and from then on it has gone on back and forth with various other bits of crap.

sound as if shes been interfering in things thats none of her business,fancy telling the child that.sounds as if they shut of her once and for all..the wedding might have been the last straw that broke the camals back so to speak.i do hate family rifts, but sometimes you just have to stand your ground with people like that.

My sister is upset for David and doesn't really know what to say to him to help him get through his hurt now.

It is such a shame as they live a good distance away from each other.Even the kids asked why nanna wasn't coming and my sis said she told them nanna doesn't like mummy.She said she's got to the point of fed up covering for her.David used to take the kids to see her without my sis going to,but don't think even that will happen now.

why do people get so upset when so and so isnt here or so and so wont go there?? i always think that if they turn up great if not dont worry about it! people are allowed to do whatever they want! i hate the fact that families try to manipulate and control each other!!! i think people only get upset by this when they have nothing else in their lives! live and let live and chillax will ya:)

Archived