Mum missed her sons wedding

Thankyou,and I guess you have proved my point about the beauty beholder thing : )

They don't know I have started this thread but I was just curious about others opinions from the outside as I am bias I guess LOL!!!

It is a shame when families fall out as I am in the position to realize life could be a lot lot worse and time is very precious with our loved ones.

Exactly Blondie... I have a friend who is going through the same thing (he isn't married yet though, but soon).... And I know in future he will regret it if he doesn't patch up things with his parents. And equally they will regret it if they don't sort things out with him...

Both parties just need to speak to each other And make a bad situation slightly bearable... It's the only way things will ever get sorted!

I actually thought the bride was very attractive...

But, family rifts are very hard to solve- especially from

The outside. I've found that it requires both sides to make huge sacrifices... Perhaps instead of posting the torn up cheque for 100 pounds, he could have arranged a meeting with her?

At the end of the day, you can't chose your family, and you can't really chose your inlaws.. So you might just need to bear with it and hope that both parties come around.

Congratulations to the bride and groom anyway.

OI! Pack it in-She's married!:hihi:

• 2 weeks later...

his mother should have put her opinions of the bride to one side and supported him and his kids for the most important day in his life, good on him for standing his ground, as regards the comment she made to his oldest daughter it was bang out of order if he's brought her up as his own then she should always be considerd as that and good on him, i always say that it takes more of a man to be a daddy than it does to be a father, i hope he can move on and put this behind him he must have been so dissapointed that is mother couldn't support him, i hope he has many happy years together with his wife and kids even if his mother doesn't approve

I missed dad's funeral because I was ill ... and that chance has gone and I will regret it forever, even if we didn't see eye to eye all the time. A valuable lesson learned. Take heed

Im with the mother on this if her argument is he could have done better.

That's not her choice. Her son can't choose who he falls in love with, they have children and have been together a long time. He's a man not a boy. His mother needs to realise that, stop trying to run his life or she is going to be a lonely, bitter old woman:roll:

Archived