Mum missed her sons wedding

That's not her choice. Her son can't choose who he falls in love with, they have children and have been together a long time. He's a man not a boy. His mother needs to realise that, stop trying to run his life or she is going to be a lonely, bitter old woman:roll:

Hey it works both ways, she an adult too and can choose not to like someone, if he cant help who he falls in love with then why is it difficult to grasp that she cant help who she does not get on with ?

She can still have a relationship with her son outside of his relationship with his wife, its just people expect her to go against the grain and accept her when she obviously does not want to.

One thing you can say for her is she is honest to her self, its better than her pretending and none of them being happy. Her life is as important as anyone elses and the son trying to impose his wife into her life is just as wrong.

What makes you think she would be lonely or bitter ? because if the son decides not to have anything to do with his mother then that's his doing, she would certainly be bitter if she caved in and felt forced into accepting someone into HER life that she was uncomfortable with. Once your kids are adults then you should be able to stop bending over backwards for them and have a bit of life for yourself, be a bit selfish even.

Hey it works both ways, she an adult too and can choose not to like someone, if he cant help who he falls in love with then why is it difficult to grasp that she cant help who she does not get on with ?

She can still have a relationship with her son outside of his relationship with his wife, its just people expect her to go against the grain and accept her when she obviously does not want to.

One thing you can say for her is she is honest to her self, its better than her pretending and none of them being happy. Her life is as important as anyone elses and the son trying to impose his wife into her life is just as wrong.

But she hasn't got relationship with son either has she? By refusing to go to his wedding and expecting him to give up his partner and mother of his children because she doesn't like her she has lost son too, what kind of mother does that?

But she hasn't got relationship with son either has she? By refusing to go to his wedding and expecting him to give up his partner and mother of his children because she doesn't like her she has lost son too, what kind of mother does that?

Why does abstaining mean she is expecting him to do anything ?

It could as easily be said that he is loosing a mother because he wishes her to form a bond with someone she does not wish too.

Who is in the wrong ? does anyone have to be ? It all depends on where your looking at it from, her indifference to his relationship does not mean that all ties have to be cut between her and her son, in making it so black and white it could be said the son is in the wrong for using emotional blackmail towards the mother, the same crime you would have her accused of.

Here are some of the wedding pics,which features my poorly daughter:

Wonderful pictures of a fabulous day, it appears you have a wonderful family which you take great pride in. The Bride and your "poorly Daughter" looked gorgeous. What else matters.

Kind Regards

Angel.

Wonderful pictures of a fabulous day, it appears you have a wonderful family which you take great pride in. The Bride and your "poorly Daughter" looked gorgeous. What else matters.

Kind Regards

Angel.

Think grooms mother should have taken that stance and realised the glass was half full not half empty. She cannot run her sons life but on his wedding day you would have thought she'd have put him first and to add insult to injury she sent him a cheque and thought that would make everything OK?

Even the cheque could be seen as a good will gesture if you disregard any animosity for her not attending.

Once your on one line of thought though I suppose everything else after that would have to fall into place of that line of thought.

Regardless of the mothers non attendance the sideshow would suggest a good day was had by all, the problem is and should be the mothers problem. No point in allowing her to mar the occasion I'm sure she'll live to regret her protest, I would just get on with life and leave the mother to stew in her own juices and not waste another moment ruminating on this - life's too short.

I wish the couple all the best and hope they have a long and happy life together.

Thanks for opinions guys,it's good to hear it from people who are not involved.Which ever side you are on!!

The pictures are random from mine and others cameras.I just put in pics of my family members in my vid as my youtube page is mainly about raising awareness of my daughters rare terminal illness.

Both son and mother still haven't spoken.

Archived