Hi, i pm'd you.

PM's will only show up if people are logged in.

If, like me, you browse through threads and only log in if you are going to post, you may not realise you have a PM.

It makes sense to me!

If someone as placed an add surely they would log in awaiting responses, another irritating one is “your in box is full”, don’t you get a message anyway when your in box is full.

If someone as placed an add surely they would log in awaiting responses

Some people might just look at the thread for responses (not logged in).

another irritating one is “your in box is full”, don’t you get a message anyway when your in box is full.

I don't know, I've never had that many PM's :(

See this a lot on here in response to ads, what's the point, surely they will know this when they next log in as they'll get the pop up.

Are such posts pointless, or is it just me missing something. ? :huh:

It seems to help when wanting to buy something. Just last week i was in conversation with someone via PM about buying a TV. I didn't post on the thread as i didn't want to bump it. Later that day a lady posted on the thread. My PM's stopped being replied to and later that night the OP posted to say the TV had been sold to 'a lady'

I wasted a day thanks to him :|

The ones that get me are where job ads say 'pm/ email your cv or ring this number' but get responses on thread saying things like 'contact me, I'm interested' instead of following the instructions.

If I was an employer, they'd have failed the first test.

I am amazed when i see what you describe above. People need to wake up and smell the coffee if they think an employer is going to chase them on a forum. As you say, if i were the employer they would have already failed.

Archived