Thorntons closing 180 shops

I want Maccy D's to go under, southern fried chicken, Pizza hut, KFC, and all those who peddle their mix of Salt, sugar and fat. Thorntons going passed their sell buy date is no great loss. The NHS would be better off and our children also.

No one is forcing your kids to eat this junk.

What amuses me whenever somewhere goes into administration is everyone says how awful it is (Woolies was the classic example), but when you say - "Oh shop there often did you?" they would always reply "No, never".

Use it or lose it.

If you're selling non-essential items at prices on the high street higher than online retailers be afraid...very afraid.

What amuses me whenever somewhere goes into administration is everyone says how awful it is (Woolies was the classic example), but when you say - "Oh shop there often did you?" they would always reply "No, never".

Use it or lose it.

If you're selling non-essential items at prices on the high street higher than online retailers be afraid...very afraid.

If you would have asked me if I shopped at these shops the answer is yes and at Woolies too.

I'm amazed anyone shops at HMV when they charge so much more than play.com

I never once shopped at Jane Norman or Thorntons... my Grandma used to buy us an easter egg from there with our names on... my Nan used to eat it... much too sickly for me.. much prefer cadburys. Cheap girl to please me :hihi:.

No one is forcing your kids to eat this junk.

I know but other parents aren't as concerned with what their children eat. We all pay in the end when these people have illness caused by poor diet and lean on the NHS. Then again let em eat themselves to death and they won't draw a pension. Everyone's a winner.

I want Maccy D's to go under, southern fried chicken, Pizza hut, KFC, and all those who peddle their mix of Salt, sugar and fat. Thorntons going passed their sell buy date is no great loss. The NHS would be better off and our children also.

True, but why should occasional visitors suffer because parents have no self control or care what they give their kids? If its not these places no doubt its the cheapest nastiest frozen stuff from Farm Foods or Iceland. So why aren't they also under attack?

True, but why should occasional visitors suffer because parents have no self control or care what they give their kids? If its not these places no doubt its the cheapest nastiest frozen stuff from Farm Foods or Iceland. So why aren't they also under attack?

Quite! I have a McDonalds every now and again (usually after a long run!) and really enjoy it. Why should I go without because of lax parents and food addicts?!

Archived