Car brake problems

ok guys,

thank you for all your advice. After a long day, i think we've solved the problem. It wasn't straight forward though. I decided to swap front to rear and vice versa. Although i did the driver's side, i could not swap the passenger rear alloy wheel as the lock-nut is damaged. I instead took it to a local tyre place and got the two worn out tyres changed and balanced. The lock-nut on the 3rd wheel would not come off and we had to leave it on.

It doesn't look like the tracking needs to be done as the car is as straight as possible with no pulling, but to be sure, i'm gonna drive it on the motorway to see if there is any pull or juddering.

The only issue is how to get the lock nut off.

Once again thanks so much.

Your tracking could still be out though - if for example both the front wheels were toed out the same amount for example you would get wear without noticing any appreciable drift to either side.

ok, but other than tracking, what about the brakes? i don't feel any sort of grinding or pulsation anymore.
Your definition of pulsation is probably incorrect but more vibration on pedal.But you can get break disk that will feel great until they heat up after using breaks a lot.We have had 6 month old cars with same problem likely faulty at manufacture.One of the worse for this was Lanos

so destroyer, if my definition of pulsing actually means viberating, then what could be the cause of that?
That can be a list of things.Many things can be fault through pedals steering and chassis.Are we to assume you have sorted this now though ?

hi guys,

i just thought i'd update you. So far i've had no more issues with the brakes and the tyres seemed to have resolved this problem

I just wanted to thank everyone for helping me.

I do have other questions, but i'm gonna start a new thread for those.

thanks again

Archived