17 year old's on holiday

Basically me and my friend are both 17 and we're wanting to go abroad in july..on all holiday websites it says you need to have an 18 year old with you..how do i go about booking the holiday and actually getting away with it as i know lots of 16/17 year olds that have done it?

Basically me and my friend are both 17 and we're wanting to go abroad in july..on all holiday websites it says you need to have an 18 year old with you..how do i go about booking the holiday and actually getting away with it as i know lots of 16/17 year olds that have done it?

I think you are going to need a 18 year old in the party and to make the booking, my son had some under 18`s in their party but the travel agent wouldn’t take a booking directly off them.

Why don't you ask them?

If you are under 18, you are - at law - a minor. You can't enter into a contract other than for the supply of necessities (though no doubt there are minors who have contracts with mobile phone companies. ;))

If you are a minor, then somebody has to be responsible for you. I doubt that any holiday company is gong to want to assume that responsibility.

If you are a minor, then somebody has to be responsible for you. I doubt that any holiday company is gong to want to assume that responsibility.

Too right, I can remember once being sat in a departure lounge and hearing several announcements for two passengers to report to a departure gate immediately ………… two young giggly lasses turn up totally oblivious to the fact that they were holding up a plane load of people.

Why book a holiday at all? Train to Dover, foot passenger on a ferry (with a tent on your back) and Europe is your oyster. Camp where you fancy, move on if you want to.

If you're looking to go to a 'resort' with clubs, drugs and drinking then you'll need to actually be 18 I would have thought?

My best mate flew abroad at 16 years 20 years ago alone... I am sure that minors can still go on a plane alone... Think you have to tick that you will need assistance though, being children? Even if you feel that you will be ok, the travel companies have a duty to protect kids who travel alone...

That's the problem - kids these days are only bothered about what they can get away with.

If it says 18 and over, there's a reason why. Why not respect that until next year?

The previous post above had a great idea - back-pack around europe. Will be much cheaper than spending all your money on rubbish cocktails and ecstasy in nightclubs, and not being able to remember any of it the next day. And you'll still be able to ahve a great time.

Bit of a generalisation I know but rules is rules for a reason.

God I sound like a grumpy old man...

Archived