Missing male company

You have indeed got it, Forum meets are great fun and full of lovely people.

Thank you Fishcake. Maybe I'll try one

Meeting intelligent, interesting folk is often more down to luck than good management. Do something you're enthusiastic about and committed to, rather than focussing on where all the good blokes might be hiding..

Excellent advice.

Do you play darts at all?.

Not at all well. Maybe I'd already have more male friends if I did!

I bet using a dating site instead is not looking like such a bad idea after all..

No, this is still looking like what I'm looking for...appreciate all the comments.

I think joining a weekend walking group would be a good idea..

So do I, thanks for the push.

crown green bowling? Nether Edge Bowling Club welcomes those new to bowls, croquet and snooker. Folk Club Wednesday evenings, Scrabble Thursday evenings...

Not sure if this is said tongue in cheek. If you're young, then I suspect so . If you're older then thank you for the thought. The Scrabble evening is particularly of interest. Are you serious??

just go to the pub with a female friend and get talking to people

Nope, as in the OP, no-one talks in pubs these days! And I don't want it to seem like I'd desperate. As if.

I thought Supermarkets were the place to go

Only for groceries. I was hoping for something a little more meaningful than a discussion about tomatoes, though some days I even welcome the opportunity to ask the 17-year-old if they've any green Cravendale out in the back so you're not too far off the mark.

ill put myself forward as a fondlee? im not THAT strange

You are. And besides, you're not local are you?

Thanks to all. You've given me some ideas and it was nice of you to post on my thread

Archived