'Undesirables' cannot be deported

We wouldn't. Nor would anybody else. That is, in fact, exactly the point I was making.

People that come to the UK from abroad ought to be deported back to where they came from if they commit a serious violent crime here.

People that come to the UK from abroad ought to be deported back to where they came from if they commit a serious violent crime here.

They often are once they have served their sentence

I considered this in the wake of the genocide in Rwanda.

In this case many extremely nasty individuals, who'd committed terrible atrocities, found that a change of regime meant they were no longer in positions of power so they fled. In effect they were fleeing justice. It might very well have been rough justice, it would probably have been terminal justice, but they fled the consequences of their actions.

I'm afraid them bleating about being sent back doesn't cut much ice with me.

I'm sure there are many such examples where torturers and various scumbags have been deposed and have fled to countries with nice human rights records in order to plead their cases.

Well I dont know where you're coming from in post #8 :huh:

That post and the above one are entirely consistent. The UK does not deport anybody to countries where their lives would be in danger. That applies equally to all people here, regardless of their origin and regardless of what they have or have not done.

In short - we all have the same rights. Nobody gets extra ones.

That post and the above one are entirely consistent. The UK does not deport anybody to countries where their lives would be in danger. That applies equally to all people here, regardless of their origin and regardless of what they have or have not done.

In short - we all have the same rights. Nobody gets extra ones.

Again, why would someone FROM the UK, IN the UK be sent abroad to another country??

Archived