'Undesirables' cannot be deported

Sadly any criminal activity I have been on the end of has been by white English, well white people from this country. I still think that a lot of fleeing persecution stories are not true but how do you tell? It is a hard job.

I used to work with people from other countries (benefit related) and there was a group of people who used to go quiet and whisper when one individual came in to the place. I was told by the whispering crowd he had murdered (ethnic cleansing) lots of women and children and lied to get in the country. They were all terrified of the man and wouldn't speak up. Not that interesting to you all I guess, just thought I would mention it as I thought when I had dealt with the man in question he was a polite nice chap. Was he or wasn't he? I don't know.

I have heard this kind of thing before that a lot of war criminals are here seeking asylum. To tell you the truth it 'isn't something I follow all that much but it does make you think sometimes. It's not that I'm against immigration, I'm not. I just know that some of the people we're letting migrate often have very extreme views and practices the likes of which I thought this country was beyond. Torture and stuff like that.

It's easy to be liberally minded and say we should allow anyone over here but lets face it would you for example expect a Nigerian male to respect our laws on homophobia? Then again a lot of native males struggle with that one. It's very difficult.

As per my post above. We don't have a death sentence in this country; we will not send anyone into a country where they face one.

I understand this and can see why they don't but as one of these was threatening to kill people and committing acts of violence then surely there is an argument for ridding ourselves of these people? It is a shame we can't do this on a case by case scenario and actually make some examples of people like this in an effort to deter others from pursuing this lifestyle/behaviour.

As per my post above. We don't have a death sentence in this country; we will not send anyone into a country where they face one.

Surely to avoid this all they have to do is not break the law and they wont be deported?

The vast majority of immigrants/refugees/asylum seekers manage to go through their lives without breaking the law, as do most of the indigenous population.

If people wish to break the law when they know they could be returned to their original country then I would have no sympathy for them.

Surely though it should be that if you commit a serious offence you're deported whence you came?

You have made the decision to break the law despite knowing that you could be returned to the terrible place that you arrived from yet you still chose to break the law.

If I break the terms of my VISA while in the USA I will be repatriated. Why shouldn't the UK do the same? If you cannot abide by the laws of a Country you have sought refuge in then you should forfeit your right to stay.

I would say this is for serious offences only drug dealing, rape, murder etc. Maybe for any crime that carries a 5+ jail term.

I watched a film about the American way. It was about a guy who was sent back to the country of his birth even though he had never been there since he was a child. He had no friends or family there as his parents moved to the States. There's deporting and there's just plain evil. I'm proud we don't do that.

I have heard this kind of thing before that a lot of war criminals are here seeking asylum. To tell you the truth it 'isn't something I follow all that much but it does make you think sometimes. It's not that I'm against immigration, I'm not. I just know that some of the people we're letting migrate often have very extreme views and practices the likes of which I thought this country was beyond. Torture and stuff like that.

It's easy to be liberally minded and say we should allow anyone over here but lets face it would you for example expect a Nigerian male to respect our laws on homophobia? Then again a lot of native males struggle with that one. It's very difficult.

It is difficult. It is hard to know what is true and what isn't when it comes to these cases. I suppose I am lookig at a lot of cases with hindsight which is a wonderful thing but the people making the decisions about who comes in, don't have.

It is difficult. It is hard to know what is true and what isn't when it comes to these cases. I suppose I am lookig at a lot of cases with hindsight which is a wonderful thing but the people making the decisions about who comes in, don't have.

The trouble is as soon as one is sent back and found to be tortured and killed the authorities will be the bad boy again. There's the ones that want to solve every problem and the ones that want to eliminate every problem. Can't please them all.

It's irrelevant what they do. It is we who have a no-death-penalty policy. Either we stick to it, or we are hypocrites.

Then I'll happily be a hypocrite. If you don't think you should abide by the law then you don't get to stay.

Archived