Not bad to say she makes money from the unemployed & disabled

I was lucky enough to stay in the hall twice, the south lodge once and the dorms. The place is too magical to hide it away for personal use.

Anyway. That's enough from me about Thornbridge. Back on topic as they say.

I was lucky enough to stay in the hall twice, the south lodge once and the dorms. The place is too magical to hide it away for personal use.

Anyway. That's enough from me about Thornbridge. Back on topic as they say.

I'm sure what made it magical, was the amount of 'open-mouthed' inner-city school kids going through the doors.

its the same sort of situation with many of the outsourced utilities etc, prisons, schools etc etc. Capita and A4E and their like are pretty much doing no better than any of the old systems, but are making hundreds of millions of pounds for doing so. gas electric and water bills have far outstripped inflation and you still get the same poor service with regard to bills problems, communication etc etc

I'm sure what made it magical, was the amount of 'open-mouthed' inner-city school kids going through the doors.

Yeah. Surely nothing at all to do with the night walks, orienteering, abseiling, caving, weaseling, adventure talks or adventure walks :roll:

under the new contract her company will benefit to the tune of £14000 a person depending on how long they stay in the job . i wonder how many going through these doors will in the future have to take jobs of any description just for them to hit their targets (and bonuses).

I can't help thinking that the £14,000 fee to a4e would have been better spent as a subsidy to an employer for 27months. The subsidised employee would work out cheaper to train/ retrain and make them a more attractive prospect.

Exactly. A4e is a total waste of time. They'll do everything they can to get people in to jobs that last just long enough for them to be paid out. They don't give a damn what your skills are. They'll palm you off with any old job just as long as they get paid.

I am amazed at the comments on here - naive probably to say the least.

So just how does this all work. I was always under the impression that A4e was a government initiative. We at the rescue have been approached by a4e to take on people. When i have even had 2 people come (2 didn't bother) they were absolutely useless and I wouldn't have had them at any cost - let alone them being hand picked for a role working with vulnerable animals.

I really am shocked at the comments displayed on here and would like to know how the process actually works that they do.

Archived