Not bad to say she makes money from the unemployed & disabled

I believe the new scheme has already started. From what i can make out this new scheme is about getting people working no matter what. It seems to be similar to the old scheme but there are far less useful training courses and more bully boy tactics to force people in to doing a job they do not want.

I know someone who recently started this new scheme and on the very first appointment they were being pushed in to looking for a job in a totally different field.

It sounds to me like a4e are just out to get people in to 3 months work to collect that 14k no matter what it takes.

I know CTS are out of the game now - What you have to do to get the cash, from the employees perspective is virtually impossible now - the targets are that high that many employability contractors are bailing and staying in the easier and more cost effective kids (neets) game... All the colleges are running employability contracts now too - Sheffield and Barnsley have huge contracts, so lots of people will be getting sent to them now from the jobcentres of South Yorks... If you were out of work for a month or two, wouldn't you start looking at other jobs outside your original salary band and remit? I know I would... No point festering on benefits, may as well do a spot of industrial cleaning - I wouldn't pick it first, but I'd do it before signing on...

Trouble is, when you are in the market for finding jobs of all sorts for all sorts of people like the job centre and places like A4e, if someone was to say to you 'yeah, we've got a vacancy' and you went out to meet with them and they seemed fine, why wouldn't you start putting people forward for it? These types of businesses rarely go near recruitment agencies, cos they want hard cash for their services - the government pay A4e and their ilk, so for the end user it's seen as a free service, and they can agree to interview their candidates and then just never be available again... It's the company your lad has a contract with who are at fault, not the medium with which he was offered the job... I bet his consultant has tried to pin them down and failed a time or two - he needs to get himself round there, and take the contract with him and get some answers... Now he's to all purposes 'got' a job, he needs to deal with the employer... I know that he probably won't be starting work with them now, as they've obviously cocked up somewhere, but it might make em think twice before doing it to someone else? Or call the Star, and name and shame, with a photo of your lad holding his contract looking lost and sad... This employer needs a shock - or else they'll surface again at Remploy or Best and do it all over again to someone else...

Thanks for the advice but for now hes just going to hang on a little longer .Someone told me its not unusual to get a job and start it a good few weeks later. Maybe they are being organised by recruiting early and sorting everything out. He has received his uniform and ID card and everything 2 weeks ago- just now cant get to find out anything more from the company. Ill let you know how he goes on anyhow. Thanks again.

1st post but I heard a conversation in city center this morning with a pair of middle aged men who said along the lines of "all Job-centre FND? A4E clients are ending on 1 September and will be going back to the Job-centre"?

As this is the most up to date topic directly pointing at this Job agency I was wondering whats happened?

They seemed well spoken and sincere enough?

1st post but I heard a conversation in city center this morning with a pair of middle aged men who said along the lines of "all Job-centre FND? A4E clients are ending on 1 September and will be going back to the Job-centre"?

As this is the most up to date topic directly pointing at this Job agency I was wondering whats happened?

Whats FND when its at home?

Future New Deal (FND) has indeed ended - several weeks ago, actually... The new programme is called the 'work programme' and will most likely be very similar, and those who were on FND will probably have to have their records changed somewhere to show they are now on the work programme... Those without work for a long time need such programmes, sadly, or else they could end up workless forever...

Thanks for the advice but for now hes just going to hang on a little longer .Someone told me its not unusual to get a job and start it a good few weeks later. Maybe they are being organised by recruiting early and sorting everything out. He has received his uniform and ID card and everything 2 weeks ago- just now cant get to find out anything more from the company. Ill let you know how he goes on anyhow. Thanks again.

That's OK - Sounds like you misunderstood his situation then? Fair enough, I guess he is an adult and won't tell you everything... It's usual for a four to six week wait to start work - if it's going to be longer than this, I have known places say that a job would start in 6 months, for instance, the employee will have been informed...

Future New Deal (FND) has indeed ended - several weeks ago, actually... The new programme is called the 'work programme' and will most likely be very similar, and those who were on FND will probably have to have their records changed somewhere to show they are now on the work programme... Those without work for a long time need such programmes, sadly, or else they could end up workless forever...
my bold i think you mean that people need help back into work doing real jobs not stupid courses.another thing what gets me is if someone comes out of work they have to sign on for 6 months before they are eligible to go on any training .wouldnt it be easier if they could go on it straight away getting them back into work sooner ?

my bold i think you mean that people need help back into work doing real jobs not stupid courses.another thing what gets me is if someone comes out of work they have to sign on for 6 months before they are eligible to go on any training .wouldnt it be easier if they could go on it straight away getting them back into work sooner ?

Maybe you are more likely to get into a new post when you first lose a job, than if it's been a long time? There were programmes that were self referred though, funded through ESF until this year... Anyone out of work (for any amount of time) could use those - but they've been cut, as has much of the post 25 training now...

Emma Harrison is the tip of the iceberg. Peter Jones has also been given 9 million of taxpayers money to do something similar. However there was a piece in the paper saying basically that no one had been helped and he'd pocketed the money.

I can't remember the source but does anyone else on SF remember the story? It didn't feature much as it came up against another strong news story.

Emma Harrison is the tip of the iceberg. Peter Jones has also been given 9 million of taxpayers money to do something similar. However there was a piece in the paper saying basically that no one had been helped and he'd pocketed the money.

I can't remember the source but does anyone else on SF remember the story? It didn't feature much as it came up against another strong news story.

I remember something to do with Peter Jones but I think he was withholding his own money that he'd previously committed from a 'socially responsible' project because he started to have differences with the guy running it. Not public money afaik.

Archived