Not bad to say she makes money from the unemployed & disabled

That's OK - Sounds like you misunderstood his situation then? Fair enough, I guess he is an adult and won't tell you everything... It's usual for a four to six week wait to start work - if it's going to be longer than this, I have known places say that a job would start in 6 months, for instance, the employee will have been informed...

Just like to say that my lad started his job about 4 weeks ago and he loves it -its working away from home - he has a good laugh and is earning decent money with potential to climb the ladder a little to earn a bit more with experience. So maybe he was lucky that a4e found him a decent job with a good company to work for -they done me a favour too cos he hardly home whoo hooo

Just like to say that my lad started his job about 4 weeks ago and he loves it -its working away from home - he has a good laugh and is earning decent money with potential to climb the ladder a little to earn a bit more with experience. So maybe he was lucky that a4e found him a decent job with a good company to work for -they done me a favour too cos he hardly home whoo hooo

So he has been shoe horned in to any old job so they can collect their money in 3 months.

It's great to see your lad has been lucky enough to get a job he is enjoying though. Unfortunately many others out there are not going to be left with a choice.

• 4 weeks later...

Onwards and upwards for A4E Insight:the research and consultancy arm of A4E, who have secured another contract that could lead to a rewarding figure of £40 million for a Project into "how social impact bonds could work" for 4 councils.

I can not post the link as I have not made enough posts but check the latest news bulletin on "watchinga4e.blogspot.com"

Completely and utterly unbelievable but akin to Sharon Shoesmith and Fred "the shred" Taylor it`s only taxpayers money innit ;)

,,,Maybe for the next "Terminator" Movie installment A4E will challenge "SkyNet"?

A4E is a joke, I went there about a year ago, after being given the address and walking to attercliffe I wan told that the session was in town. got there about an hour later and was told it was an unsupervised IT session. God know how much they were charging the government to have a comple of bints sitting roundf drinking coffee while those who didn't need computer assistance wasted time in a futile waste of an hour and those who wern't familiar with computers got no help.

A4E is a joke,,,, etc

I`m assuming a wave of "New Work Program" minions will be commenting soon on their battle with the Tory governments A4E & DWP/Jobcentre slave drivers?

What I find incredible is why Mr Cameron faux pas with Mr Coulson is being repeated with the choosing of the dear Ms Harrison as an "advisor" :huh:

.....oh... i forgot for a moment,,,, the drastic steps to address the riots! of course, Emma to the rescue :gag:

Aw that sunds fantastic for him! Good for him to be getting out there and earning decent cash!

Saw some posts below yours slating his new job - ignore the fools who'd sooner see you down than getting on in life :)

I`m assuming a wave of "New Work Program" minions will be commenting soon on their battle with the Tory governments A4E & DWP/Jobcentre slave drivers?

What I find incredible is why Mr Cameron faux pas with Mr Coulson is being repeated with the choosing of the dear Ms Harrison as an "advisor" :huh:

.....oh... i forgot for a moment,,,, the drastic steps to address the riots! of course, Emma to the rescue :gag:

haha, I've always subscribed to the ethos of hard work but I know people with masters in genetics and biochemistry who can't get work in their related feilds who are being stopped from volunteering in labs to get the relevant experience they need to get a CAREER and not have to darken the doors of the job centre again, to go work a 3 month contract in a warehouse courtesty of A4e. after those 3 months they are back in the same situation, no job, and no valuable experience.

So he has been shoe horned in to any old job so they can collect their money in 3 months.

It's great to see your lad has been lucky enough to get a job he is enjoying though. Unfortunately many others out there are not going to be left with a choice.

Seeing as he's not been placed by a agency, who will collect cash in three months? Work projects work on a far longer term than agencies... Ypu really shouldn't be so down on some young lad getting out there and earning some decent cash - too many fester on work programme style projects for years just to keep signing on... What a waste of life?

haha, I've always subscribed to the ethos of hard work but I know people with masters in genetics and biochemistry who can't get work in their related feilds who are being stopped from volunteering in labs to get the relevant experience they need to get a CAREER and not have to darken the doors of the job centre again, to go work a 3 month contract in a warehouse courtesty of A4e. after those 3 months they are back in the same situation, no job, and no valuable experience.

There is work for people with those sorts of qualifications. Look at these ads for biologists just as an example: http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/ADH005/biologist-up-to-3-positions/

If they are serious about a career, then it can mean going where the career jobs exist - its up to the individual. Or they could just stay here and find a job or go on courses that have little or no value to them.

Seeing as he's not been placed by a agency, who will collect cash in three months? Work projects work on a far longer term than agencies... Ypu really shouldn't be so down on some young lad getting out there and earning some decent cash - too many fester on work programme style projects for years just to keep signing on... What a waste of life?

A4e will collect 14k once he has been in work for 3 months. When he joined the Work Program he signed a form allowing A4e to contact third parties. That means A4e will contact the employer after 3 months for proof that he is still working there. Then they will claim the 14k from the government.

What most people joining this new 'Work Program' don't know is that they do not need to sign this third party agreement. In fact if they do sign it, it will lead to A4e staff members applying for jobs in your name using your CV.

This might work out well for some people but for others it has the potential to cause great embarrassment or worse.

Archived