Documents needed for MOT?

I have known them to ask for the V5, if the car is going for its first MOT,(when its 3 years old) i think it is because it makes it easier to put the details on to the computer system. They sometimes ask for the old certificate, probably for similar reasons, but also to add the overlap date. But i've never known them to ask for your driving licence.

My brother in law is an MOT tester, he frowns on those that don't have the old mot with them as he has to work slightly harder to look for the vin number. :hihi:

My brother in law is an MOT tester, he frowns on those that don't have the old mot with them as he has to work slightly harder to look for the vin number. :hihi:

He must be a miserable sod then as I have never had an old MOT certificate with me and no one has ever complained.

And as a tester, he should check the vin number as a matter of course, to make sure that the car is actually the one registered, and not your mates car with your plates on!

John X

He must be a miserable sod then as I have never had an old MOT certificate with me and no one has ever complained.

And as a tester, he should check the vin number as a matter of course, to make sure that the car is actually the one registered, and not your mates car with your plates on!

John X

Haha, he's the most miserable sod you could ever meet, really.

Archived